Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Pearl Jam

My very favorite band of all time is Pearl Jam! I have loved them since I was in 7th grade. Sadly, I have only seen them live once before, back in 8th grade-1993. They just came through town, and I demanded that we go! We found out about an awesome deal, where if you join their fan club you can get two tickets that are guaranteed to be in the first 10 rows. We did this, but when we arrived Dylan and Jen got their tickets first and they were in row W, obviously not in the first 10 rows. I was bummed, because we joined the fan club after they did, so I knew I would have worse seats than them. However rows 1-2, and 9-10 are on a strictly lottery basis, and we somehow won seats in the 9th row! I was beyond thrilled. Our seats were awesome and the show was great!
Eddie Vedder (the lead singer) and stage from our seats

Enjoying the show!

Solo Eddie

Jammin' with Ben Harper

Sweet double guitar (Mike McCreedy is amazing!)

Another one of the stage

Hands down, the best pic I took-love it!

Stage

Rick with Eddie on stage behind him :)

More Eddie

By the last song, Yellow Ledbetter, everyone rushed the aisles and you can see my view became more obstructed!

Jeff Ament and Eddie Vedder saying goodnight.

I also took this short video, but I can't figure out how to get it sideways, sorry!

All in all, what a fantastic night!

School started back up last week and things are in full swing! This semester I am taking 14 credits-3 classes. I'm taking Supply Chain Management (for my major), Business Environment (about ethics and social responsibility) and my Senior Capstone, which is basically working in a group to create a 40 minute lesson plan for a Charter school in Milwaukie, where we'll teach the kids something "hands on" in whatever subject the teacher asks us to specialize in. We'll work all semester on the research and preparing the lesson plan, then the week before finals week we teach the lesson plan 6 times in a row to 6 different groups of students. Seems like it will be interesting-as long as I don't get Math :)
I can't believe this is the beginning of my last year of college. Although its been hard and challenging at times, it will be amazing to be done so soon. After this semester I will only have 6 classes left!
All else is well here, we are looking forward to Scott and Jackie's wedding this weekend, and leaving for Mexico in just barely over a month! Yikes!
Hope all is well with you all!

No comments: