Thursday, July 22, 2010

Karen's day

Last Saturday was Karen's day! I went to her bridal shower and bachelorette party. Karen is my best friend Becky's sister, so she is like an older sister to me as well. Both her shower and bachelorette party were a lot of fun, and the added bonus of course was that Becky was in town from Boise and we got to spend a lot of time together!
Becky and Karen at the shower
Karen and her best friend Peggy
Becky's Mom Jan, and her Grandma, Evelyn
Becky and I in the party bus on our way to the Ambassador for karaoke
Karen and her friend Sam singing
Our "party bus" aka a raft van! Too funny!
Another of Becky and I, at a place called Mixers
And one of little Dexter to end it!
In other news, we are having our house painted this week, so that is very excited. I'll definitely get pics up once its done. Rick has been working a TON lately, so I am looking forward to Friday night when we'll meet some friends for Brew Fest, and next weekend we're going camping at Cape Kiwanda with some friends. 
I had a job interview this week. Its for an alarm company doing admin and sales support stuff. Its not really using my degree, but I really just need a job at this point. It seems like a pretty good place to work, and my good friend Jaime works there too, so that would be fun. I should hear by mid-week next week whether they want to interview me again, or if I didn't get it. I'll keep you posted!
Hope all is well with all of you!

1 comment:

Krista Griffiths said...

Looks like fun! I have to leave a comment because Becky's mom Jan and I were good friends when I was at Gresham and she was a secretary. She is great!! Please tell her I say hello if/when you see her!!! Have fun camping!! I love that place!!!