Friday, April 10, 2009

Kitchen

This is what our kitchen used to look like. Granted, it wasn't pretty...

But neither is this!
This is after Rick and his Dad ripped out all the cabinets

And look what they found! A whole wall of dry, moldy dry wall! It was so bad Rick could stick his finger through it.

Our kitchen all taped off

Rick's Dad removing the dry wall

So now all of that is ripped out, and the studs are removed. I got all the tile off the bathroom floor so we are in the position of needing a plumber now since our plumbing is really bad. Hopefully that won't take too long, so we can get in there and start re-framing. Once that is done then the finishing work can begin!
Here's one to make you laugh! Shannon and I went to the DaVinci exhibit at OMSI last weekend and this was at the end. Hee hee! I am the Mona Lisa!

School is back in full swing, I already have 2 weeks down! I am taking a Supply Chain Negotiations class, a film class on nature and animals in movies and a Women's Studies class on Gender/Class/Culture. So far all my teachers and classes are pretty good and the best part is I have NO tests all semester. I think I deserve an easy semester, I haven't had one in a long time. Plus I have to go to summer school, so hopefully this will make it a little more tolerable. We have been slammed for work and this week I did 100% capacity, so that is great news. Hopefully next week will look the same. We definitely need the money, to pay for all these repairs!
Hope all is well with all of you!
Lauren

No comments: