Monday, January 5, 2009

2009

Well it is officially 2009! Happy New Year to you all! We had a nice New year's over at Jen & Dylan's house. It didn't get overly crazy, and was the perfect thing for us to do since I was still recovering from a cold.
Today is my last day of break, school starts tomorrow! Even though I always look forward to, and love time off from school, by the end I am always ready to go back. I am definitely a person who loves routine and time off from school and work leaves me all discombobulated :) I always eat poorly, and sleep odd hours and usually don't accomplish the things I want to accomplish. I do much better when I have too much to do. Weird how that works. This semester I am taking 12 credits. I wish I could do 16, but I can't afford it. I am taking Competing with Information Technology (boring!), Supply Chain Management (even more boring!) and a theater class on "stardom". The last one should be interesting, but I like to fight against it, since PSU makes us take 3 classes in a cluster that have nothing to do with our major. I am doing a pop culture cluster, which means mostly theater arts classes. Hopefully this one will be interesting.
I am happy that it is a new year. A new year always means a time for reflecting on the previous year and the hope for the coming year. Even though there was a lot of turmoil in the world in 2008, for me, it was a good year, with no inner turmoil-after having so many years of so much confusion, hardships and uncertainty. But I am happy to say goodbye, because after all, that means another year of school done and one step closer to graduation. Only one year and three months to go. Definitely the light at the end of the tunnel. I am hoping for big things for 2009. Hopefully work will pick up, school will cruise by, and turning 30 in November won't be too painful :) Last year I worked really hard and lost 21 lbs. Sadly, I have gained 16 back! So as of today I am back on Weight Watchers, working towards that goal again. Rick and I just booked tickets to go to Chicago in March to see Dave, Erin & Royal, as well as Rick's grandparents who live in Indiana, only a few hours away from Chicago. We're hoping to travel more this year, pay off more debt, do more improvements on our house and continue to enjoy being married to each other.
Cheers to a blessed new year to each of you!
Love, Lauren

No comments: