Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Day & Heather's Baby Shower

After a late start Christmas morning, due to not being able to get out of our driveway, we headed out to Damascus to my parents to have brunch with my parents, Grandma and Aunt. My Mom had quite the spread and we had a really nice time.
Rocco's first face to face with a squirrel. Notice his scarf? My Mom knit both he and Penny scarves for Christmas. We love them!

The Layne tree and presents

Rick and his Wii Fit, doing Yoga, with my Dad looking on

My Grandma and her new garbage can. She had such an old junky one, Rick and I got her a new one, and she said it was the fanciest gadget she'd ever gotten for Christmas :)

Our Christmas family picture, minus poor non-traveling Penny

Rocco on our way home with his new scarf, napping in Rick's lap.

We went to the Blazer game Christmas evening with Preston and Brianne, which was fun, but we had bad seats AND the Blazers lost :(
My friends Heather and Jay live in Salt Lake and have been home for Christmas break. I always look forward to the holidays when they come into town and we get to spend time together. This year Heather is pregnant too, so her family threw her a shower on Saturday, which was a lot of fun. I used to date her husband's brother, so it was fun seeing all his extended family there too, along with all Heather's family and my old church friends. I was just glad I could make it out there. I literally had to use a shovel to unbury my car, and there were a few dicey moments, but ultimately it was ok.
Jenn and Julie

Heather, and the little dress I got for Gwen (her soon to be daughter)

Julie and Heather's sisters-Jenn, Teri, Leslie and Shauna

Amers and I

Cute preggars Heather and me

I was about to say Heather is my last pregnant friend for awhile, but I forgot about Jenica for a sec! I guess I'm not out of the pregnant friend woods yet!
Becky was in town for Christmas, but I didn't even get one picture with the two of us while she was here :( I guess next time we'll have to make sure and do that. We got to spend 2 evenings together, so that was good, I sure have missed her since she's been gone. I got to see Denene, McKay and Carter over break too, and didn't get a picture of that either. I am slacking. I'm so glad I got to see all of you while you were home. Thanks for making time in your busy schedules to spend time with me while you're home! I love all my out of town friends :)
Tomorrow is New Years Eve! I can't believe it! Time is seriously flying, and I can't believe school starts in a week also! I'm not ready! I have really boring classes this semester too, so I am not looking forward to it.
Rick and I don't know what we're doing yet. Some of his co-workers are going to the restaurant Saucebox downtown, so we are considering that for awhile, and Jen and Dylan are having a low-key get together, so we may go there for awhile too. Either way, I'm sure I'll get some pictures to ring in 2009. Our last "00" year! It seems like Y2K was literally yesterday. Ok, well, TTFN!

3 comments:

The Squad said...

Oh Heather is naming her baby Gwen...that is one of if not my favorite girl name, although McKay is not a big fan so I doubt I'd ever be able to use it! It is so cute!

Erin said...

I am jealous you got to go to Heather's baby shower!! And yes- you heard right, Ange is getting married in the Portland temple on April 29th so we will be coming your way!! Let me know when you work out some Chicago dates!!

Jay and Heath said...

Thanks for coming out for the shower... even though the weather was crazy. And thank you so much for the cute little outfits... I LOVE THEM! It was great to see you and glad that we were able to do dinner too. Love ya!! Heather