Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Weekend in Gearhart

Happy Hump Day all! Rick and I (and Rocco too) were able to spend last weekend in Gearhart with my parents. My Mom's friend growing up has a house there that I have been going to since I was really little. I have always loved it there, and have always loved the little town of Gearhart. I was glad we took Rocco. He likes to travel in the car, he just curls up in my lap, or watches out the window. He had a good time at the beach house running around in more space than he's used to and even got his first run up a stair case and the first time seeing a dog!
Rocco at the beach house

Rocco's first encounter with a dog. Rocco didn't seem to perturbed until the dog barked then all his hair stood on end! It gave him a big mohawk all down his back and his tail puffed up huge! I couldn't get a good shot of him all puffy.

His tail is still a little puffed out here with Rick holding him

We didn't have great weather while we were there, but at least it wasn't pouring. We had dinner at McMenamin's new Sand Trap Inn on the golf course and my Mom made spaghetti the other night. Yum, thanks again Mom!
Beach and dunes at Gearhart

There were all sorts of interesting things washed up on the shore from a recent storm.
A crab shell

Moody seas and skies

A very chilly walk on the beach

Grass and debris washed up

And once we got home: our Penny.

It was just nice to be able to get away for a weekend and do something different. It worked out well since the next several weekends are busy busy!
In other news...well, there isn't much. My theatre class hasn't been very exciting. Last night we watched a bunch of clips, which was lame. How am I supposed to learn about film/acting/actors if I'm watching a 5 minute clip? Last week we watched "The Graduate". I don't think I had ever seen the whole thing. It is such a great movie! Dustin Hoffman is so awkward and funny in it, I really enjoyed it a lot. The point of it was to look at casting and think about what other actors would have done to the role instead of the actor chosen. Apparently Robert Redford was the main contender for that role. I can't imagine him in it at all!
Rick and I are getting closer to start remodeling our bathroom. We've been talking to some friends that might be able to help us, figuring out our finances and looking at options at IKEA etc. I also have been talking to a realtor that I know really well. She is going to come over and give me ideas on finishes etc to keep everything true to the era of our house and make it the most sellable when we get to that point. She's going to walk around the yard with me too and give me some ideas there as well. Dave, Erin and Royal are going to be staying with us in April when Dave's sister gets married and I am REALLY hoping we'll have the bathroom done before they come. Here's to hoping!
Well next week is mid-terms already. Thank goodness. This semester is rough! I just want it to be over. It snowed this last week and I am just ready for the January-February weather to be GONE for good this year.
Anyway, hope all is well with everyone. Until next time...

3 comments:

Rebecca B said...

Yeah new blog! I love your pictures, they turned out very nice :) I am super jealous of your beach trip, I miss the Oregon Coast! And I for sure would love to go to that house again!

Erin said...

Oh Lo, don't feel any pressure to get your bathroom done before we come! You know Dave- he'll go anywhere!

Lauren said...

erin, if you only knew what our bathroom looked like...you would agree with me. It's the worst craftsmanship and our bathrub is the grossest.