Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Superb Owl (aka the Super Bowl)

Hi everyone! What a glorious sunny February day it is here in PTown! I am LOVING it! I even went outside and raked for awhile. We still don't have all our Fall leaves raked up yet. It takes all winter long since we have so many and only one way to get rid of them-by filling up our yard debris bin every other week!
For the Super Bowl, we had 2 parties to go to-a Superbowl/Housewarming party at Scott & Jackie's, and a party over at Jen & Dylan's. We had a really good time at both parties and it was fun seeing everyone. I only took a few pictures, and most of them are of babies!
Rick & I and Scotty in the background

Kash (one of Amber's twinners)

Amber and Jaxson

Jen and Dylan's little Eva, so calm and mellow, reading.

Jaxson excited about something

TJ hanging out with Sophie

Miles sleeping on Rick's feet

Rick lovin' on Miles

And that's it! Not very exciting, but at least its something! This time of year there never seems to be much to take pictures of.
Life is pretty good around here. I'm already to mid terms, and already picking my schedule out for next term. The days just seem to cruise by, which is great, but I never seem to find enough time in the day to get everything done that I'd like to get done.
This week in my theatre class we watched "One Hour Photo". I hadn't seen it before, and man was it creepy!! I don't know if you all have seen it...it's one of those disturbing movies that has something crazy that could totally happen. It played on your biggest fears of having someone completely intrude in your life and privacy and you never even know it. I don't know if I recommend it or not. It wasn't a bad movie necessarily, but it wasn't a great movie. If you like creepy movies, then I guess rent this one. Next week is all Cary Grant movies I think. I don't know if I've ever seen a movie with him in it, so it should be interesting. Speaking of movies, we're planning on going and seeing "Coraline" on Friday. Rick's good friend Brad is a stop-motion animator (he has an Emmy!) and he worked on it, so we want to go support him, plus the movie looks really cool. I'll let you know what I think!
That's it for now. Hope all is well with you all!
Lauren
PS We did our taxes and we're getting an awesome refund! We're SO excited!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So who, in your opinion would play the part better than Robin Williams? At the time I thought it was odd that he was portraying such a creep but then I realized that was probably why he was chosen. Who woulda thunk that he would make a good creepy guy. And my guess is you'll like Cary Grant. He was the George Clooney of the 50's and 60's

Lauren said...

The whole point of watching it was to show how certain actors always do the same type of role, but what can happen when they break away from it (called off-casting). I think Robin Williams was great in the role, I just didn't necessarily like the movie. I was surprised that I wasn't bothered by the fact that it was him playing that role. He played a more serious role in that other movie where he goes to heaven then to hell to rescue his wife. That movie was really dark at times too.

Rebecca B said...

1. Love your new background and picture
2. I can't believe how big the twins are getting! And how cute!
3. I still hate your guts for getting a big fat refund.
4. I am pretty sure you should use some of that money to come visit me
5. Nevermind, I just realized I have no free time nor fun activities to entertain you

Lauren said...

Sorry, my refund has to go to pay off debt, re-do my kitchen, help towards my yard, replenish depleted savings and sock a little away for my Nov Bday trip! But don't worry, Rick and I will make it to Idaho sometime this year for sure. Yeah, the twins are almost 1, crazy!

Shellee said...

Yay for reunds!! Congrats!

I'm seeing Coraline tomorrow at noon with my bro-in-law (who also worked on it, but he's not cool with a grammy) and his girls. Can't wait! Already have my ticket and glasses. ;-)

Shellee said...

Er, um...refunds.....duh.