Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I am not a huge fan of Valentine's. I am not much of a romantic, and I think it's just another commercial, lame holiday that makes single people feel horrible. I absolutely despise going out in public on Valentine's Day and watching everyone be love sick. Aren't I a cynic? So, this year, to avoid going out, I am cooking Rick a delicious dinner of chicken cordon bleu, mashed potatoes and gravy and salad. And for dessert-chocolate fondue with strawberries, marshmallows and angel food cake! Yum! That meal is quite off my diet, but I figure it's ok for one night. By the way, I've lost 9 lbs! I'm pretty happy with that so far. Rick was sweet and brought me home a super cute vest with a fur lined hood the other day and said its my Valentine's day present. I was good with that! I don't need candy and chocolates! I got him some boxers and PJ pants, which he needed. I am all about practical gifts.
Besides that, things are great. We just bought tickets for Coldplay for July 10th, with a big group of our friends. I love outdoor concerts in the summer, and with friends...even better!! We also just got our Federal Tax refund! If you know me, there is not much that makes me happier than paying off bills and having money in savings. We got to do both with our refund! Yay! And we'll be able to have a nice dinner while we're in Chicago next month. So things are good! Ok, here are just a few pictures that I took last week. We really haven't been up to much, unfortunately.
Rocco and the little stuffed dog I got at FAO Schwartz in NYC, Cooper :)

Rocco in a box

Usually one Sunday night a month, I try and make it over to my friend Amber's for a girls night to get together and catch up. I went over there Sunday and got a few cute pics of her twin boys, Kash & Jaxson. They're getting so big, and they're so stinkin' cute, I just can't resist taking pictures of them!
Kash crawling around in the cupboard

Kash, stuck in the bottom of the stool

Jaxson and his busy tongue (and cute little teeth!)

Jaxson and I hanging out

Kash, looking much more like a little boy than a baby

And, at home, one of Rocco and Penny making nice

Gosh, can you believe it's already mid-February? That makes me happy, I will be very ready for Spring when it decides to happen. My Daphne is already blooming so that's a good sign, now just for the tulips!
Oh, I guess I should tell you that I'm 99.9% sure I'm going to switch my major again! You would think I am an indecisive person, which I'm not! Originally I wanted to do Business Finance because i like to number crunch, but it was just so boring! Then I thought I would go with Business Management because I couldn't think of another option, and Management is a nice general thing to go into. But this semester, after taking Supply Chain Management and Logisitics, I've realized I really enjoy it. I spent a long time talking to my teacher after class about the Supply and Logistics program at PSU and he highly recommends it. There arent' many women in the major, or in the field, so I feel that could give me an advantage. If you don't know what that entails, its basically how things get from A to B. It involves Quality, negotiating prices from your supply chain, trying to increase efficiency and purchasing. The only bad thing is it would mean I would have one extra class to take, so I'd have to go to school Spring term of next year, for just one class, which would suck, but I think would be worth it to do something I enjoy. I don't have to decide til the 25th, when Registration for Spring term is, but like I said, I'm pretty sure I want to do that.
All else is well, I'm celebrating Shannon's birthday tomorrow, and Rick's Dad, Dick's birthday next Friday. So, we're keeping busy as usual. Again, Happy Valentine's day, and hope you are all well!

No comments: