Friday, May 22, 2009

Denene & Emily in town

My friends Denene and Emily both live in Utah and came for a visit! Denene, Emily and I were roommates in Utah several years ago and I always love visiting with them. Denene is also my sister in law from my first marriage so we have all sorts of special connections! So we had a get together with some other friends and their kids last Monday evening.
Denene's little boy, Carter, who is also my nephew! Isn't he adorable! His eyes are such a pretty color of blue.

My sis in law Alyssa holding Carter. Love that cheesy smile of Carters!

Sharon's little baby Ella

Rick hanging out with Darwin and Hannah's oldest, Livia & Sharon's oldest, Amber.

Sharon's middle girl, Paige

Denene and cute Carter in pj's

And a terrible picture at the end of the night of Denene, me and Emily.

So glad we got to visit! Miss you girls (and your kids) already!
Well, Rick, Brianne and I are headed out in the next 20 minutes or so to Boise for the weekend! We are excited to spend time with Becky in her new digs and celebrate her birthday. The weather is supposed to be fantastic all weekend and we are very much looking forward to a break from the house.
Memorial Day always sadly reminds me of Adam, he was diagnosed with cancer 4 years ago on Memorial Day weekend. I can't believe how time has flown, but I think I will never be able to separate the two events from each other. Thankfully I am able to do something fun this year while still keeping Adam's memory in my heart. I hope you all have a happy and safe weekend!

No comments: