Thursday, March 25, 2010

Nieces visit

Last weekend for Spring break, Rick's nieces Riley and Kailey came to stay with us. My Aunt has always been so generous to me, and I have great memories of us doing all sorts of fun things while I was growing up. She even took me to Australia and New Zealand when I was 16! Sorry Kailey, I'd love to take you to Australia, but I don't think that's going to happen any time soon :)
Anyway, we had some fun things planned for the girls. They live in Salem so we wanted to give them the authentic Portland experience.
We went to the Blazers game and had sweet nosebleed seats!
Rick & Riley
All of us after the game
Then we took them to Voodoo Doughnut, where we had to wait in line, and while we were waiting a homeless man with a plate of chicken was walking up and down the line offering it to everyone. A must-see for the real Portland experience! We also had to cross over a pile of vomit on our way back to the car. Again, total Portland experience here.
Then we went home where Rick DJ'd for them until around Midnight. That's a pretty authentic experience around my house. (PS Rick is DJ'ing his first gig on Friday!)
Saturday morning we slept in, then went to the Flavour waffle cart-a delicious Portland treat!
Then we headed to China town to the Lan Su Chinese Gardens. I had never been and really wanted to go. It was impressive, however very small. The $8.50 it costs for adults almost isn't worth it, since it only took us about a half hour to walk through it. But it certainly was pretty, and they say its the most authentic Chinese garden outside of China!
Spring in Lan Su
Camellias all abloom and a wisteria cut into a bonsai. Beautiful!
Cute Riley
The intricate hand-laid pathways
I'm so happy there are things blooming! Hooray for Spring!
The gang in a pagoda
Rick & I enjoying the 70 degree day

sisters


All of us at the end
Beautiful magnolias
And more camellias
After that we went to Moonstruck Chocolate Cafe and enjoyed some delicious milkshakes-yum! Then shopped around Pioneer Place. We hope you girls had fun, because we really enjoyed having you here with us!

No comments: