Saturday, June 5, 2010

Cabo!

I don't know if I said before, but Rick and I took separate Mexico vacations this May. Becky and I planned a trip to Cabo to celebrate her 30th birthday and my early graduation. Then some friends of ours invited us to go to Puerto Vallarta with them, and since it was the week before I was going, I couldn't go, but Rick decided to go since the entire week was only $75 for the room. So Rick went the week before I went, came home Friday night at Midnight and I left the next day at 11am. After doing this, we realized we should never go on back-to-back separate vacations again, because 2 weeks was definitely too long to be apart. Now we know! Rick had a great time on his trip, they had a totally different vacation then Becky and I did! Rick and our other friends went out every night, stayed out really late etc and Becky and I were in bed by 10 pretty much every night. Becky and I really did nearly nothing, besides laying by the pool reading, taking the occasional dip...one sunset cruise and a beachside massage. It was heaven! So because of this lack of activity, I don't have all that many pictures. So few, that they can fit into one post! So here are my Cabo pics!
Becky and I, first day
Very happy feet
Pathway in front of our hotel
Zocalo church in San Jose del Cabo
Inside of church
We stayed at an all-inclusive so we ate dinner every night in our hotel. This was supposed to be the "fancy" restaurant. The food was definitely lacking at our hotel, especially compared to the one Rick and I stayed at in PV.
The marina in Cabo San Lucas
Pina coladas before our sunset cruise. Poor Becky got pretty burned :(
A seal in the harbor
Leaving the marina and heading to sea
Approaching land's end and lover's beach
The famous arch
Besties!

My idea of a really, really great time is a sunset cruise. I like to do it every time I'm on vacation and I am never disappointed!

Becky doing a little boat dancing



These two older ladies were our favorite. They were having a blast. Becky and I aspire to be just like them when we're that age!
By sunset the entire boat was doing the Macarena and a congo line. It was so fun!
Crusin' by the hotel zone
Fireworks from the pirate ship
Proof that I danced too :)
Back at the hotel, our nice pool
The beach on our last day
The waves were too big to swim in
And finally, adios from the Mexi-Twins!

So in catch up around here...things are really great! It is finals week for me, and that just means one final Monday and one final Thursday and I am done FOREVER! I don't have any regular classes-no more 4 hour night lectures three times a week. It still hasn't sunk in that it is almost over. Graduation is in a week from tomorrow and that is absolutely amazing to me. I have worked so hard to get here, and this is truly my greatest accomplishment. I don't think I ever would have chosen to go back to school if it weren't for Adam passing away, and he was only a few short weeks shy of getting his degree when he died, so I truly feel this degree is as much for him as it is for me.
I have been looking for jobs, but have been so busy the last couple weeks, I haven't done much for searching. I had an interview with the Portland Public Schools for a Purchasing internship and I am REALLY hoping to get it. I just found out that I am in the top three candidates, so that is good news, but I am hoping that I come out the clear winner! Having a job so soon after graduation would be a huge blessing. I am stressing a little bit about finding something full time before I have to start paying back my loans in 6 months. Plus, Rick and I are really outgrowing our tiny 720 square foot house. We are hoping I get a job so we can fix the yard up here and move next Spring.
So, that's about it for now. Hope things are well for all of you!

No comments: