Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Remember when...

Remember back to last March, of 2009 and THIS was my kitchen?? Lovely light fixture, motorhome cabinets on the top left, fake marble backsplash, awkward pantry, poor use of fridge space, shallow sinks, fake wood countertops, sick ugly tile, horrible wood trim around the outside door, a leaky faucet, a hole through the siding that let in cold air, and oh-that pesky MOLD?
Another lovely view
Yeah, I remember all of that. And I so do not miss any aspect of it. Yes, my kitchen has been completed since last September, but I just got this new fangled system to go between my wall cabinets so finally, the kitchen feels finished.
My, have we come a long ways.
And in other home improvement...
This was our front yard. We can't grow grass because these 2 huge trees give so much shade that grass won't grow. I haven't known what to put down, because the trees lose so many leaves that I needed something hardy to be able to rake over.
Looking the other direction
Our solution: rock!
We are super happy with it!
I still haven't heard from Portland Public Schools, so that is getting really annoying. I need to start looking for other things now. Well, I need to get off this computer and go enjoy the sunshine. Its finally arrived!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks really great inside and out! The new kitchen unit looks great too.

Faith said...

What a STUNNING kitchen. Love it. The rock looks really good too:)