Friday, August 6, 2010

Camping at the beach

Last weekend we went camping in Pacific City on the coast. We stayed at Webb County campground, and I do not recommend it! The nice thing was that it was across the street from the beach, but the downside was that it was pretty much a parking lot. We happened to get the one spot that backed up to a natural setting, but the rest of it backed houses etc. Kinda of weird! 11 of us went, and we had a great time and beautiful sunny afternoons. Saturday we were all in our bathing suits even. Of course, we didn't get in the water, it was WAY too cold! Here's the pics!
Tina (the birthday girl!), Saturday morning, waiting for the clouds to burn off
Zach, Liz and Gracie enjoying the sunshine on the beach!

Zach decided to dig a hole...
 Ronn, drinking out of a frisbee
Kelly soaking up the rays
 
Ronn playing football with some kid
 
Scenery...
 
All the ladies from L-R
me, Shannon, Rachel, Jenny, Tina, Kelly & Liz
 
Tina and Jenn hanging out with Gracie. Once it got cloudy, it got cold fast!
 
Ronn and Kelly tossin' the pig skin
 
Dave and Gracie dancing
 
Cute Gracie
There were wild bunnies everywhere at our campsite. Tons of them!
Why not eat salad out of a giant bowl? I got a little toasty that day...
 
Shannon, Tina and Liz waiting to be fed :)
 
It was Tina's 29th birthday. We rewarded her for being born with some St. Cupcake!
 
Nothing like a chubby bunny contest when you're camping!
 
I came in third with 12
 
 Ronn came in 2nd with 14
 
Our audience
 
And Dave won, with 15!

Rick jumped on the bed and didn't know I had unplugged the airmattress. He rolled right off!
 
After a LONG lunch at the Pelican Brew Pub, we hit the beach again. It was a little windier on sunday...

And that was our trip! So fun!
In other FABULOUS news...I got a job!!!! Hooray! I am going to be the manager of a alarm monitoring center for a company in Vancouver. I was interviewing for a receptionist position, but they liked me so much they wanted me to do a management job, which is great! It isn't my dream job, but it is a good use of my Business Degree, and it makes me feel so relieved to not have to stress any more, and to know I'll have a stead income during those winter months where I usually make nearly nothing doing my current job. My current boss was so totally supportive and excited for me, it made it much easier to quit the job I've done for the last 4 years. While I am training for 4-6 weeks, I will have to work swing shift 2 nights a week, so I am planning on still doing the photography job in the mornings as needed during that time. After that, I am hoping that some realtors will still want me to shoot for them on weekend mornings, so I can make some extra side money. My desk top computer is theirs as well, so they'll let me keep it as long as I am still on pay roll, so that's really nice too, I was worried about having to go buy a new one. I go in to sign paperwork next Tuesday, then I'm hoping I can start work right away after that. I'm anxious to get moving on it! 
Rick and I are off to Seattle this weekend for an early anniversary trip. I am really looking forward to it, and to a weekend away with Rick, he has been working like a madman lately, so I'm glad he'll get to relax. Hope everything is well for all of you!

1 comment:

Mrs. Seal said...

hahahahaha! I love the marshmallow eating contest! Awesome and sick all at the same time. :)