Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Seattle

Rick and I went to Seattle the first weekend of August to celebrate our anniversary early. We knew we were going to the beach for Kelly's birthday the weekend of our anniversary, so we had to plan early! Thanks to my friend Josh, we got an amazing deal at the Westin in downtown Seattle. We were on the 39th floor of the hotel overlooking the sound. It was gorgeous. We spent our weekend relaxing, shopping, eating and going to a soccer game. It was a great weekend away!
View of the space needle from our room
View north from our room, there were a few cruise ships in port
The weekend we were there was the Seafair, and they had the air show on Saturday. We didn't go, but a few of the Blue Angels flew right in front of our hotel, which was awesome, but I didn't get a good pic of. Two came back later around the other side, this was the best I could get!
Nice clouds over the Sound
Seattle skyline from the soccer stadium
Glitter and fireworks during the national Anthem made for a fun start to the game. We got tickets through Samsung, had awesome seats, and had an entire row to ourselves! It was really fun, I'm excited for the Timbers games next year!
Us at the game
Yesterday was our actual anniversary (and my Dad's birthday!). I can't believe 2 years have flown by so fast. I love being married to Rick so much. He treats me so wonderfully, he makes me laugh every day, he keeps me challenged and on my toes, and I know I am blessed to truly love spending time with him both one on one and in groups. He is my very best friend, I love you Rick!
We were able to go to a nice dinner at Ristorante Roma downtown last night after I got off work. We had a LOT of food, and it was really good. If you ever want a good Italian restaurant downtown, I totally recommend it. 
Work is going well. So far so good...its just been a bit of an adjustment getting used to working full time again. I like what I'm doing though so far.
I have a lot of pictures to process through-girls weekend in Eastern OR, Lady Gaga concert and our weekend in Lincoln City for Kelly's birthday. To come soon!

No comments: