Wednesday, October 1, 2008

the time has come...

As most of my friends have been feeling the effects of the economy for a long time now, Rick and I have been really lucky and have managed to keep afloat. As a student, I really rely on my student loans to supplement my income while I'm in school. Because I made a decent amount of money last year, they didn't offer me much for student loans this year. Pair that with me working at only about half the capacity of what I normally do this time of year, as well as my tuition at PSU costing a lot more than PCC and it leaves me poor!
So the time has come for me to get a 2nd job. No part of me wants to have to do this, but I don't see how I can go any longer without getting one. I have always found jobs through networking so I thought I'd put my feelers out on here and see if anyone knows of anything. I am looking for something that I could do during any time on the weekends, or Thursday and Friday nights. I work Monday thru Friday now in the mornings, and I have school during the afternoons and evenings Monday thru Wednesday. I'm thinking maybe Starbucks on Saturday and Sunday mornings or something along those lines. So if you know of anything, let me know. I am not looking for very many hours, just something to bring in an extra couple of hundred dollars a month.
Thanks for thinking of me :)

6 comments:

Faith said...

Bryan's store isn't hiring at the moment but I will let you know if they are soon. Good luck. Sorry you have to work so much as a newlywed, that stinks!

Anonymous said...

Lo, i have many connections at starbucks both retail and corporate. So, if that is something you want to look into, let me know and i'll make some calls on your behalf. xoxo Jenica

Shellee said...

Sell Pampered Chef, or Marykay, or Demarro, or Southern Living at Home, or Lia Sophia!! ;-) Hee hee

Rebecca B said...

Oh friend sorry you have to do this :( At least you have made it this long... and you will be SO glad to have the extra $$
p.s they are hiring at Coach, i heard they lost their best salesgirl :)

Rachel said...

I went to highschool with you and have been reading your blog for awhile (I'm admitting to stalking, haha)...But my friend found this company that you can work at home from. It's www.alpineaccess.com. I was skeptical, but she actually got interviews and was offered work (it's credit card companies etc. customer service). Anyway, it seems like a good option and they pay pretty well!

Megan said...

I wish I could help! My parents hire for the Christmas season so you could call Drake's 7 Dees, but I think it is mostly for heavy lifting of Christmas trees, etc. It's hard working so much.