Sunday, October 5, 2008

What a guy

I just got home from a busy weekend in Boise helping my best friend move. We drove 8 hours from Portland to Boise in the noisy U-Haul (arriving at 1:30 am), unpacked all day Saturday and had some time to relax today. I flew in around 8 tonight and walked in to a surprise! My husband, unasked, took it upon himself to pick up, fold and put away laundry, vacuum, and clean the toilet, sink and mirrors. How did I get so lucky? I definitely have a keeper :)
As far as Becky goes, she doesn't have internet yet, so she can't update, but her place is great and we got a lot of stuff done. Her mom is going to be there for the next several days to get everything else in order. She is mostly settled, and I know she is going to love it there, and that she'll be great in her new setting. It was hard to say goodbye, we had a tearful hug at the airport, but I am so happy and excited for her and her new adventure. Becky and I have been best friends for 20 years and I have been able to rely on her thru thick and thin and letting her go isn't easy, but it would be a lot harder if I didn't think that this was such a great opportunity for her (she's going to school at Boise State). Now I have an excuse to visit Boise more often and get to know Idaho a bit better! Unfortunately we had a very busy weekend and I didn't take one single picture. I'm sure she'll get some up on her blog when she can.
Rick and I are going to Las Vegas this Thursday through Sunday, and we're looking forward to a few bonus days of hot weather before we REALLY set into rainy fall here. Everyone keeps saying how much they love fall here, and I do too, but walking to school, and taking pictures in the chilly rain is NOT my favorite. In fact, I despise taking pictures/working in the rain. Especially when I get soaked from the waist down, then have to go to school like that. Oh well, such is life in Portland!
Hope all is well with all of you!

3 comments:

Shellee said...

You're such a great friend! Thanks for the update on Becky. Do you have a physical address for her? Could you email it to me? I'm thinking I want to send her some cookies or something....what's her favorite? I just thought something comforting would be nice. ;-)

Yay for Vegas!! I'm sure you'll REALLY enjoy that sunshine, you're not gonna' see again until....what May? June?

Erin said...

Lauren, you are so good about remembering birthdays! I passed your birthday wishes along to Roy and he gave you the thumbs up. Okay, so don't tease me with the possibility that you guys might come out in the spring- we would love to see you! And of course you could stay with us. Our current set up is a little more conducive to visitors. Love you!

Rebecca B said...

Rickster is such a keeper!! First the clothes and now this?!?
Thank you again from the bottom of my heart for the help. I love you so very much!!
p.s Shellee you are too cute :)