Friday, October 31, 2008

FINALLY!!!!!!

Let me tell you a little story about my wedding photographer. I will shorten it up for the sake of not making you sit here and read all night long. Originally, we were promised our wedding pictures in 1 1/2-2 weeks. That time came and went and I waited awhile before I emailed him and asked what the new ETA was, he said another week or so. So another week or so went by, and I waited 2 full weeks before contacting him, and he said another 3-5 days, but he could send me an online album right away. I said that was great: I never got the online album. Time went by, and time went by until the first weekend of October, when I was in Boise, when I emailed him and called him out. I told him that all of this was reflecting poorly on his business, and I suggested that next time he either give people a far more realistic timeline, or deliver in the time you promise. He responded by telling me he didn't need my business advice. Nice, right? I wrote him back and told him he needed to pick a new realistic date that my pictures would be done by, so I wouldn't be disappointed again. He gave me the date of October 13th. He said he would mail me a DVD, but never mentioned an online album again. The 13th came and went, and I didn't hear anything. Friday the 20th came around and he emailed me and said he sent the DVD to the address on my check (my parents address), but it came back to him (which makes no sense since I get mail there all the time). He then said he could deliver it personally over that weekend. The weekend came and went, and no contact. I then gave him my schedule for the entire week and he picked Wednesday the 22nd to come deliver them. Wednesday came and I heard nothing, so I asked him if he was still planning on it, and he said no, it wouldn't work, but how about Thursday? I was so irritated that I didn't even want to see his face. I asked him to stick it in the mail again, with the right address. A week goes by, and nothing comes. So I email him again, ask him if he was able to mail them (nicely) and tell him that I'm starting to fear there ARE no pictures. He doesn't respond.
So I pull out my contract and read it. It says right on there that I will get my pictures and online album in 4-6 weeks after the wedding. As soon as I realize that I email him and say, you broke your contract, fulfill it by end of the day Friday, or MOnday I head to small claims court. I am so over dealing with this whole thing, it's been 10 weeks!!! So he responds and tells me basically how ridiculous it is to threaten him with legal action (what else am I supposed to do??!), and that it won't help. I write him back and say I am dead serious, it's my legal right to get my money back at this point, and I want my pictures! (can you believe this is the shortened version?) So then he writes back all nice saying I'm right, and justified, and he should have taken the contract more seriously and I'll have my online albums by tomorrow (now today), and the DVD is in the mail.
SO! Here are the online albums. I haven't been thru all of them, but Rick said it looks like not all of the pictures are there. So that's more headache to deal with. There is also an album of photoshopped pictures, and one of not. I thought it was taking him all this time because he was photoshopping them all! So now I'm confused as to why that is, but that's a whole new battle. All I know is, even if the pictures are awesome, I will NEVER recommend him.
Here they are. At this very moment, they are still uploading, so they're not all in there yet.

non-photoshopped:
http://public.fotki.com/cymagen/public/weddings/loren-and-rick-1/loren-and-rick/

and photoshopped:
http://public.fotki.com/cymagen/public/weddings/loren-and-rick-1/loren-and-rick-phot/

Once I get through them all I'll post some, but you can browse for now. Happy trails! Oh, and Happy Halloween!!!

2 comments:

Faith said...

Wow Lauren! What a jerk. Sorry you had (have) to deal with that. Stand your ground and don't back down. What a creep!! I am going to look at the pics now..I'm sure they're great.

Jenn said...

What a headache.. sorry you had to go through that... nothing to joke about. Even still, you guys look great!