Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Becky in town & Gwen's blessing

It was another busy weekend! Becky was in town from Boise to celebrate her Mom's 60th birthday. The party was Friday night at a place called the Raccoon Lodge. They have a nice outdoor space for parties, and it is always fun to see Becky's family, who I have known for over 20 years. Becky's Mom, Jan, had no idea that the party was being planned, and she definitely didn't know that Becky was in town so it was fun to see her face all excited when she saw Becky.
Surprise!

Becky's family is the best example I can think of for a mixed family. Becky and her sister are adopted, but have known their birth families since about 12 or 13 years old. Here are Becky and I with her paternal birth grandparents, Bill & Evelyn. I adore them, they're the cutest!

Becky and I never seem to be able to get a decent shot of just us!

Jan blowing her candles out with her girls.

Sunday morning we met up for breakfast before Becky headed back to Boise, with a few of our girlfriends.
Jaime and Bryce...I can't believe how huge he is!

Anna and her favorite Auntie Becky

Me, Steph and Becky

Anna, loving' on Lucy and Bryce running circles around them :)

I love these girls (including Lucy!)

After breakfast I raced out to Boring to see baby Gwen Ricker blessed in church. Sadly I was about 2 minutes late for it. I felt so bad, but at least I got to see Gwen in her blessing dress, which was Heather's when she was a baby.
The happy family-Heather, Jay and Gwen Ricker

Heather and I with little Gwenny! She is so cute and fat, I just love her!

That's it for now! Dick and Peggy are coming to get the motorhome today. I cleaned it yesterday. My foot is doing MUCH better. Its still a bit swollen, but not nearly as much and I am getting around really well. It's definitely not as bad as the last time I sprained my other foot, which I am very grateful for. Austin was able to get our new side door in and all squared, so now we just need to get dry wall in around it so I can do all the mudding etc. We are LOVING showering in our new shower, its a small piece of heaven after nearly 4 months of showering in a motorhome! I am loving this HOT weather we're having. 90+ degree forecast for 4th of July is unheard of! So far we don't have any plans for the 4th, but I hope we can do something to enjoy the weather and NOT work on the house! In my spare time (I know, what spare time?!) I am also working on getting together my wedding pictures and finally making an album. In other good news, Rick's good friend Scott got engaged awhile back to his girlfriend Jackie (who we love!) and he asked Rick to be a groomsmen. They're wedding date is Oct. 10th, so we're looking forward to being involved in all their festivities. I enjoy giving Jackie suggestions and advice and getting to be involved...without actually planning a wedding! I think i would pick planning a wedding though, over home remodeling :)
That's it for now. More house pictures to come soon!

1 comment:

Jay and Heath said...

Thanks again for coming to Gwen's blessing. We appreciated it mucho! We need to come out and see your house sometime. Oh' and your pictures of the 4th are awesome. I love river fun!