Friday, July 24, 2009

Scott & Jackie's engagement party

Our good friends, Scotty and Jackie are engaged! We're so excited for their upcoming wedding in October! Rick is a groomsman, so we are even more involved, which is really fun! They had their engagement party last weekend, but Rick had to close at work, so we didn't make it out to their house until mostly everyone was gone. We had a great time with them anyway, and who needs other people to celebrate?!
Joe, Rick, me and Jackie enjoying a nice Beaverton backyard fire
3
Me with Scotty and Jackie's dog, Vincent

Jackie, cracking up and Rick pretending to go up and down an escalator behind their retaining wall

When we ran out of firewood we went inside and enjoyed some delicious pie...

And some drinks that Scotty made us...they were so fruity that we were actually chewing the fruit. He threw strawberries in there, stem and all. He cracks me up.

Scotty, Joe and Rick toasting

Rick and Vincent

I thought I'd get some house pics up. Progression has been really slow lately. It's been so hot and I have had the busiest workweek ever this week! Busiest in three years actually. By the time I'm home from work at 4, during the heat of the day, I have nearly no motivation to start tiling!
Rocco on the tiled floor. This is pretty much all I have done so far.

This is last week when we got the cabinets up

To show you the colors I picked...the brown color is what the whole living room will soon be painted.

This is where there used to be a wall. I love how open it is now! That hole is where the fridge will go when all is said and done.

The entry tile.

That's it for now! Another busy (and scorching hot) weekend ahead! I'm hoping to get some tiling done in the early mornings before it gets too hot! Adios!

3 comments:

Faith said...

The house is looking great. i LOVE that brown color. What is it??

Lauren said...

Its a valspar color, from Lowes...I think it's called Lyndhurst Mushroom. I'll look it up if you want the exact name, but seeing as you just painted everything, I'm guessing you're not ready for more painting whilst being 38 weeks pregnant :)

Faith said...

I'm not ready to paint right now but we did have a little mishap with a color in our kitchen so one wall is primed (and has been for weeks) and the others are the original green that I hate so that's why I asked for the color..with our kitchen in mind. I probably won't paint for a couple months though..