Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Bye to Jessica & Dad's birthday

My friend Jessica is embarking on a new adventure-grad school in Indiana, so we got together Saturday night to say goodbye. We went to Chopsticks, where I sang karaoke for the first time! I don't know how I have never sang before! We sang a Gwen Stefani song and we were terrible! It was fun though!
Jen and Jessica

Amber and I.

Good luck Jessica! I know you'll be great!
Sunday after Austin came over and helped us with all our moulding we headed to my parents' to celebrate my Dad's 63rd birthday. We had a grilled cheese sandwich bar, which was delicious!
My Grandma and Rick enjoying the deck and nice weather

The weird wisteria pods hanging from their pergola

Hibiscus in the garden

My Dad's annual vegetable garden

Sunflowers

Behind my parents property their friend is growing all kinds of beautiful flowers. It was fun to walk the rows and take pictures of all the different kinds.

The beautiful farmland in Damascus

Close up of Crocosmia, one of my faves

A fuzzy purple one

And after dinner, home made peach pie and ice cream for the birthday boy!

My Dad's actual birthday is next Sunday, the 23rd, but since we share our anniversary with that day, we won't be around, we're headed to Bend!
Happy birthday Dad, we love you!

No comments: