Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Camping at Wallowa Lake

Some of my girl friends and I were able to camp at Wallowa Lake this last weekend, over in Eastern Oregon. Here it is, almost mid-August, and this is the first real summer type thing I've done! I was really glad to get away, but it went by WAY too fast. We tried to pick somewhere central, so Becky could come meet us from Boise. Wallowa was a good choice location-wise, but I wish that we weren't in a regular campsite so we could have been noisy to our hearts content. The forecast called for rain, but we didn't get one drop, so we lucked out!
Here's the pics!
Amy and I leaving Troutdale

Somewhere on our way, singing some good tunes!

Once we arrived, setting up camp in the dark

Adam and I bought this tent after we got married, thinking we'd have a big family to fill it someday...who knew I would end up using it to house 6 girls? It fits 3 queen size air mattresses! It is truly ginormous!

Brianne is always great about bringing us treats...usually from St. Cupcake!

Naming all the cupcake flavors for Lindsey, who came all the way from Salt Lake City

Amy showing us her sweet outfit from Goodwill

A cupcake cheers

Cupcake bliss...

Campfire

Shannon's awesome towel from El Salvador-the last supper!

Early the next morning, Lindsey and I not quite ready to get out of bed

Shannon's famous bacon weavings

Lucy, the cutest camping chihuahua around

Shannon and her fanciness

we had a creek running through our campsite

There are TONS of deer around the lake, and people feel the need to feed them. I got pretty mad a few times at people's stupidity, including letting their toddlers touch the deer.

There's three of them in this pic...

Can you see me?

Mountains

Shannon down by the lake

Beautiful!



Amy showing us another Goodwill find-a Pendleton Round Up jacket!

Lindsey at campfire

Brianne and I had a chubby bunny contest

However, it wasn't much of a contest. I won with 10 mallows :)

We had a visitor in our campsite...

He didn't get any scraps at our table

When Becky was 8, she was actually "attacked" by a deer at Wallowa Lake. She started walking away from one, and it put its front hooves on her shoulder, and as she ran away it ran with her.
This is their reenactment of it...

Saying our goodbyes!

That's it for now! I'll get some house pics up soon!

No comments: