Sunday, August 16, 2009

For Vesta!

We saw Rick's family the other night, and his Grandma, Vesta, remarked she hadn't seen any pictures of the house in awhile. I forget that not everyone has Facebook, which is where I put most of my kitchen pictures up, via cell phone! So here are a few pictures I took today. Our friend Austin came over again and helped us put in the cabinet toekicks and the moulding in around the floor and doors.
Showing the moulding around the laundry room door (which I think I'll eventually paint white). We still need to put the handles on all our cabinets.

Moulding in the dining area. I couldn't get any further back because our old fridge is in the middle of the room. I'm selling it, if you know anyone that needs one...

I just realized I don't have a decent picture from before of this wall, which is too bad. Showing the toekicks and everything all put together. We still need to backsplash tile this wall above the cabinets.

Not that we're quite ready for before and after pictures, but I thought I'd throw this one in for you...
Kitchen before

Kitchen now! I think I'll put in some shelving between the two cabinets when it's all done.

Kitchen before

Kitchen now. Amazing isn't it?

A close up of the backsplash. We still need to put a thin bullnose layer of tile around the top, then grout it. I think I'll do a dark grey grout to match the countertops.

That is all for now, I hope that brings you up to speed! We will actually very soon be 100% done with the bathroom so I'll get some before and after pictures of that up soon.
We are headed to my parents to celebrate my Dad's birthday this afternoon. Enjoy the sun!

No comments: