Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Birds of Prey/Desert Dinner

After we got back from Sedona, we noticed they were having a birds of prey show at the hotel. I was bummed to miss the beginning of it, when they had an owl and some other things, but it was still very cool to see what we got to see. Most birds of prey shows I've seen have been at the zoo etc., so you don't get to see the birds very close. This was SUPER close and very intimate, so I was able to get some great pictures!
Harris' Hawk
A black vulture trying to take off.
But by far the coolest was a juvenile bald eagle. I guess they don't get their white heads til they reach sexual maturity around 2 I think.
Another view of the bald eagle
That night we all got bussed out to the middle of nowhere in the desert to a really awesome venue. Sunset upon arrival.
What it looked like arriving...
It was all western themed, and they had hats and bandannas for all.
Joseph, Rick and Nic-a few of Rick's co-workers/other winners.
The cowboy's counterparts-me, Christa and Tristan
We had a gorgeous sunset

This event was really awesome. They had quick shoot, hatchet throwing, leather branding, tarot card readers, learning to lasso, old time photos and a karaoke band. It was very cool.
Rick being dressed for old time photos (I have to scan those in!)

The barn where the karaoke band played
Rick hatchet throwing
Me hatchet throwing
Nic, by far the best karaoke singer AT&T has to offer
On the bus ride back, with Josh looking on
This trip was for the whole west half of the country basically, and you could pick out exactly who was from California. You could even tell the difference between NorCal and SoCal. It was so funny. On this bus ride back all the SoCal people were super rowdy and one of their guys was even throwing up (into the cowboy hats-so gross!!) and they kept saying "Oh we're from Denver" like we wouldn't know. I don't understand how people let themselves get so ridiculous at a corporate event! Oh well, it was fun to make fun of them and tell the story of the guy puking into his three cowboy hats :)
This night was our last company event. We stayed 2 more days, so I'll get those pics up soon. I do have to say this company trip was so great. I loved coming back to our room to presents every night-jackets, framed pictures, messenger bags, thumb drives etc etc. Rick and I are really lucky for him to work for such a good, stable company. We got to meet the guy in charge of the whole west part of the US for mobility and he was kind and gracious. Its nice that the bigwigs are still accessible, you know? Anyway, enough about that.
I have a phone interview today for an internship with Portland Public Schools that I'd really love to get. Positive thoughts!!! x0x0

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny when you talk of people getting crazy at corporate events, I was recently at a corporate event and was blown away with how out of control people allow themselves to get.