Wednesday, May 26, 2010

We will miss you, Penny

Sadly, our cat Penelope Ann Kitty, aka Penny, passed away last week when I was in Mexico. Poor Rick found her in our bedroom, already gone, when he got home from work. I rescued poor abandoned Penny in April of 2007 and she has been the best pet for the last 3+ years.
Penny was totally neurotic-could never get enough food, and had funny quirks, but she was also the happiest, sweetest and most loving cat. She couldn't stand to not be in our laps if we were home. Pets really do become like children, and we feel her absence greatly in our home.
Poor Penny had been having some vision problems, but nothing to alert us to her being sick enough to die. Regardless, I am glad she isn't suffering anymore.
We love you little Penny!









2 comments:

Mrs. Seal said...

So sad Lauren! :( I'm so sorry!!! I can't even imagine how hard this must be. My thoughts are with you and Rick.

Cali said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear you have lost a loved kitty.