Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sedona

Friday of our trip we headed out early on a tour of Sedona with a bus full of AT&T'ers. I had never been and people always rant about how fabulous it is, so I was anxious to go. I have to say, I wish that we had taken the option of renting our own car and going up there instead of doing a tour. Our guide took us just to a few vistas then they dropped us off for 3 hours to shop. Not exactly what I was anticipating. Not only that, but it was only in the high 50's that day so we were in jackets and jeans. Darn weather!
Oh well, we still had a nice time and I'm glad I got to see Sedona.
Our first stop, seeing the red rocks off in the distance
Rick at the visitors center
At the 2nd stop, Bell Rock
The aforementioned, Bell Rock
Sedona from above, on Airport Butte
Josh & Rick walking around Sedona
Alien sighting!!
We were lucky, it did clear up and get sunny for a few hours!
We went to this cool area called Tlaquepaque with expensive shopping, but it had some beautiful, authentic Mexican courtyards. We had lunch there as well.

Rick checking out the bridge and river


From the bus on our way back. I just loved those desert puffy clouds!

No comments: