Monday, November 24, 2008

29!

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted. I really have had nothing to report, and had taken no pictures! But Saturday was my 29th birthday so I got a few pictures. I celebrated by spending the day studying. Then Rick and I tried to go out to dinner at Toro Bravo because we had a $100 gift certificate for there, from our wedding, but they had an hour and a half wait, and we were too hungry to wait. We ended up just eating at a funny little place called the Bonfire, which happened to be delicious! We met up with my friends that evening at the Good Foot and spent some time, then went to Chopsticks for karaoke, where none of us ended up singing! The night before my birthday I went out to dinner with Brianne and Amy, and went and saw "Twilight". I read all the books, so I was excited to see the movie, but it was a little disappointing. It was definitely made for teenagers. It was still fun to see the book made into a movie, but we laughed a lot of the way through it and it isn't a comedy! So here are a few pictures from my bday!
I have the best husband. Part of his gift were these beautiful 2 dozen red roses!

Preston & I at the Good Foot

Me with a newly dark Megan

Alison, Misty, Jen and Amber, aka JAAM

Megan, Preston, Aaron & Amy

The husband and I

And one last one, Rocco in the car :)

All else is well. My parents are in Hawaii for a month so we are having Thanksgiving at Rick's parents house this year. I always look forward to good food and good company (and a day off work!). Work is horrifically slow so I am back on the 2nd part time job hunt. I've applied at starbucks, Safeway and Fred Meyer and haven't heard back. Everyone is hurting.
School is winding down. Today is my last big test, then finals start 2 weeks from today! I can't wait to have it all over with!
That's it for now! Happy Thanksgiving all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl,
sorry we didn't make it out. Hope you had a wonderful birthday! Twenty-FINE, not nine!
xoxo Jenica

Rebecca B said...

Finally!!

Megan said...

Happy Birthday Lauren! That picture of you with the roses is beautiful! Have a great Thanksgiving.