Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving weekend

Happy late Thanksgiving to all! I hope you each had a wonderful holiday with your families or loved ones!
My long weekend did not get off to a great start. I didn't have to work Wednesday, so I was home and our neighbor came and knocked on the door and asked if I knew my car window was smashed in. Of course I did not know, so I went out and looked. My passenger front window was gone, along with my iPod and my GPS (which was safely tucked out of sight in my glove box!). I can't believe someone went through the trouble of breaking into a car for a measly old iPod. Mine is 3 and a half years old! The lucked out finding my GPS. So I spent the morning vacuuming out my glass filled car, then had to skip my class in the afternoon to drive out to the far East side of town to get a new window. I did not appreciate having to spend $150 on that when I am so desperate for money. And I also do not appreciate being without my 2 most favorite gadgets. Doing my job with no GPS is not fun. Luckily Rick added navigation to my phone so I should have that up and running sometime this week. It's not the same as my big one though :(
Having your car broken into and things stolen is such a violation of privacy. I just hate it. I realize times are tough and people are probably even more likely to steal to get their drug money or whatever. So frustrating.
Wednesday night Rick and I braved the traffic and headed down to Salem to his sister Kim's for her annual pre-Thanksgiving party. It took us almost 2 hours from downtown to get to Salem with all of the traffic, but we expected that.
We went to Rick's parents for Thanksgiving, along with several of his Aunts and Uncles, cousins and their little ones. I think we had 23 all together. It was a much bigger Thanksgiving than what I am used to, that's for sure! The food was great, the only downside was no leftovers to take home! I think I'll have to make a mini-Thanksgiving feast here sometime soon to get some more of those delicious foods that I love so much!
Friday I met up with the Widmer/Arnell/Ricker clan for lunch out in Gresham. We went to Wall Street Pizza, an old high school favorite of mine. Yum! So good to see all of you, thanks for letting me crash your family get together!
Other than all of that, Rick has been working very long hours all weekend, and unfortunately his store has not been all that busy. It's funny because they've been doing so well, then all of a sudden on the busy weekend they slow down. I've been spending all weekend working on a major group project for my Organizational Behavior class, due Monday. Tonight I'm headed over to my friend Amber's to chat with the girls for a few hours and take a breather from all the hard work I've been doing all weekend. Finals start a week from tomorrow! I'm just looking forward to having them DONE!
I have a few pics from this weekend so I'll get them up later, but for now, adios!

4 comments:

Rebecca B said...

This background is headache inducing
Oh and I still want to sucker punch whoever broke into your car!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry Lauren. That is awful....

Rebecca B said...

I am glad I kept it! Now that it fits again I like it :) The turkey was delicious! And Evelyn really is the cutest, we had so much fun Friday morning.

Jay and Heath said...

It was great catching up with you at Wallstreet Pizza... thanks for driving out. Sorry again about your car... lame! Can't wait to see ya again in a couple of weeks. Heather