Friday, November 7, 2008

Halloween

We were invited to 4 parties this year and ended up not making it to any of them! So our creative outfits (me-Sarah Palin, and Rick-tourist) never even made it from our brains to fruition. Oh well, there is always next year! Rick's good friend Jason that lives in NYC was in town so we opted to spend Halloween with him.
When Rick got home that evening, he came in with a big box with these inside:

I love them! Thanks baby for the nice gift! He claims they are early birthday presents, but I know Rick and I will have something to actually open on my bday.
Some of Rick's friends from high school were nice enough to have us over and make delicious Thai dinner.
Rick at Dave June's with the grossest hat/wig combo

We later met up with Phil and Kaitlyn for awhile to hear one of Rick's DJ friend's spin at Bo Rista Bar. I had never been there but they had it good and decorated for Halloween. I couldn't believe some of the people in there though. I saw a girl with a skirt so short that her full on butt cheeks were showing! So tacky :(
Pirate Kaitlyn & Rick

Rick & I

Kaitlyn & Phil in their fun costumes

We met back up with Jason after he picked his friend up from the airport later that night. She is South African and lives in London and had never been to the Pacific Northwest. She got a great dose of American culture on Halloween seeing what it was like. We even got to see 2 drag queens have a full on fight in the street AND we saw Tony Parker that night getting in a cab (after the Blazers played San Antonio)! What a night! Nikki and Jason are in town all this week and weekend too. We met up with them Tuesday night (election night) and I think it was really cool for her to get to witness that amazing moment in history here in America too. It was like New Years Eve at Midnight downtown! People yelling and honking and and all out feeling of joy and happiness. I've never really experienced quite anything like it. It still makes me tear up to think that in our parents lifetimes they have seen segregation and to now have a black person be President? It's just amazing. I know there are a lot of angry people because of the choice of President, but I hope that everyone can just look at the amazing leap Americans made by choosing a black man as President. It's one of those days I'll never forget. I was a crying mess in the bar we were in :) I don't know if I was ever as proud to be an American as then.
Anyway, enough of that! Here is one more picture for you!
Penny and Rocco sleeping. Aw, cute!

Happy weekend to you all! I am going out to dinner to celebrate Stephine's bday tonight, and meeting back up with Jason and Nikki before they leave tomorrow. Who says I don't have enough time for my friends?!

2 comments:

Faith said...

cute boots:) it's funny reading your description of halloween night, i was just thinking yesterday about how i think halloween, for adults, is mostly a chance for women to dress slutty! anyways...

i hear you on your comment about Obama. As you know, I did not vote for him but I am SO excited that the first African American President was put into office during our life time. I may not like what he stands for morally but I will respect and pray for his leadership. America has come a long way and for that I am proud.

Okay, sorry to go on and on!

I would have loved to seen you as Sarah Palin!!

Rebecca B said...

Oh I am SO jealous you had such an exciting election night!! I can just imagine all the happy Ptown people! I had to work that night and on the way home they were taking calls on how people felt. The first 2 I heard were people complaining like crazy, one even said he wanted to move to Canada! Stupid red staters :( I wanted to track down the Obama supporters in Idaho to celebrate with!