Monday, March 30, 2009

Chicago-Day 3!

We spent day 3 at the Lincoln Park Zoo, which is free! I think its pretty awesome that its free, considering it costs somewhere around $10 to visit the Portland Zoo! Even though the Lincoln Park Zoo isn't quite as big as Portland's Zoo, they had some things we don't have here! It was fun to go, and even more fun to see Royal's reactions to the animals
Royal waiting for a polar bear to swim by

I swear this Sea Lion was staring right at me!

Royal checking out the bears

Checking out the warthogs (an animal I've never seen before!)

Puumba!

Giraffe and Ostrich

Dave and Royal riding the Hippos!

An Aardvark! What a weird animal!

I always love the meerkats. This one was looking right at me, asking me to take it home

Fishes!

A lazy polar bear

This poor Sunbear had part of its jaw removed and now its tongue hangs out all the time. It was a special needs bear. Poor thing.

A very thoughtful bear

Lions

Afterwards we had lunch then went to Molly's, a gourmet cupcake place. My friends and I have an obsession with cupcakes-here in PTown we go to St. Cupcake on a regular basis. These cupcakes were far fancier though. I had nutella and peanutbutter. There was a giant blob of nutella in the center! Yum! Rick had a lemon meringue and unfortunately he didn't eat it right away so the meringue melted, but he said it was still delish! We also loved that they had Connect 4 there to play :)

I love this picture of Royal!

Being silly with 3D glasses

Erin and Dave playing airplane with a confused Roy looking on...

and that was day 3!

1 comment:

Cali said...

Whoa... somebody put that poor bear out of his misery!!