Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Prepare Yourselves...

Ok so after talking to some of our family members we realized a destination wedding is just not doable. We have people that can't afford to do it, and we aren't willing to have our special day without them. It is sort of sad, because we were excited, and we knew you were excited to go somewhere fun, but sometimes things don't work out the way we think they will (am I queen of knowing this, or what?). So after some quick decision making last night we have chosen our wedding date to be Saturday, August 23rd. I have booked the Jupiter Hotel in Portland as the venue for where we will get married and have our reception. I chose this date because it's in between semesters for me, and because a lot of people have to go back to school August 25th, so I am hoping this is an easier date for you people than my alternate date of September 6th. Please do what you can to figure out how to be there and plan accordingly. The Jupiter is a really cool, funky place here in Portland, that Rick and I love. It has 80 funky hotel rooms so if you need a room that night, you can book one. Their website is www.jupiterhotel.com I really hope most of you can make it, but I understand if you can't too. We are going to keep the wedding portion somewhat small and intimate but all will be welcome for the reception. Now the hard stuff begins figuring everything out with only 4 months to plan. Crazy! Needless to say we are VERY excited. Love you all!

4 comments:

Faith said...

Congrats on setting a date and you know what is cool? That is our wedding anniversary...5 years ago this year we got married on Saturday August 23rd!! How cool..its a good date!

Jay and Heath said...

alli vamos a estar!! (por si estamos invitados)

Shellee said...

Yay for setting the date! I just checked out The Jupiter's website, looks really fun! Have fun planning everything....in 4 MONTHS!! Ahhhhhh!!

Jenica Knox said...

That is so exciting. If you need any help with anything, let me know! xoxoxo