Saturday, April 5, 2008

A question for the peanut gallery...

As you married persons know, picking out a date to get married is no easy task. You have to consider your own schedules as well as everyone else's, and me being in school makes it really different. If we want to get married within the next year I have 3 times to choose from. Between summer and fall semesters (beginning of Sept), Christmas Break and Spring Break next year. Christmas is hard because Rick has black out dates for work being in retail before Christmas. And if we want to go away to get married September doesn't work cause it's either too hot on the beaches or hurricane season in Mexico. So here is what I am thinking. Mexico: New Years. What do you all think? Those of you I've talked to about coming, or those of you who might consider coming...what do you think? Let me help with your decision.
The negatives are obvious: Christmas is expensive! I know this, but let me tell you the positives:
Whatever we decide to do, we'll try and look at all-inclusive options so you can pay everything ahead of time (well before Christmas) and all you'd have to do is pay for a few small things once you're down there. Another positive-you don't have to make New Years plans or spend money on a hotel here in town. It's built in fun and party-ness. Also, think about how wretched it is here in Portland or in Utah, or on the East Coast around New Years and how glorious it will be on the beach in Mexico...have I convinced you yet? If we decide to do it that week, I just don't want to scare you guys off by doing it around Christmas. Another thing: if you were thinking about buying us a christmas present you don't have to, just come to Mexico :)
So please, opinions please!

5 comments:

Kylee said...

yeah!!! a new blog! I love it! and I am very happy to follow your new life! Keep me informed!

Erin said...

Lauren, We are there 100%. Its perfect for us (not that you should plan your wedding around our schedule or anything) but oh my gosh we are there. YEAH!!! Okay, see you in June!

shannza said...

Done and done. I can't wait!

Jay and Heath said...

pues, si lo hacen en septiembre yo faltaria algunos dias de clase, y no hay problema, y heath algunos dias del trabajo (tal vez hay problema), y tu spring break cae en una fecha diferente que el mio.. parece que para el nuevo año seria la mejor opcion.

Denene said...

We hope to be able to make it, but McKay's work has blackout days around the holidays. That and the new baby is going to be a financial strain. I am thinking about still working thought and if I do, finances will be fine. It is just if I quit that we'll be broke! :) Hopefully we'll be there. Love you! de