Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Drywalling...

Rick, Dan and Austin got most of the dry wall up in the kitchen and the bathroom with just one hitch. We found out we have to get a new side door leading out to the deck, and because we need it to swing out instead of in, we had to special order it, which could take 3 weeks :( So we can't do any drywalling on that wall until the door is installed. We did get the rest of the drywall everywhere else up. Rick wanted to hire someone to do all the taping and mudding because all his friends said it was the hardest part and no one wanted to help. However, several of my girlfriends said they'd done it and encouraged me to do it myself. After doing it, I am convinced it is something women should do, or only very patient, or artistic people. It wasn't at all difficult, but it took a lot of patience and trying to get things very exact. I didn't mind it at all though, and actually rather liked it!
The kitchen wall, behind where our sink will go, all drywalled.

Looking fancy while mudding the kitchen

The bathroom all drywalled, taped and mudded

It turned out that the texturing was more difficult for me than the mudding. The gun we used sprayed the texture out really chunky and I had a major breakdown in the middle of texturing the bathroom...Rick had to finish it for me because I was so frustrated. Turns out the texture in the can is a lot more expensive, but WAY better.
The bathroom textured. The cutout is where the medicine cabinet will go.

Rick after texturing

Me in our bathroom with WALLS! You can see my happiness!

The bathroom all primed! Getting closer!

And now the bathroom is even painted! I still have the trim to do, and the ceiling so stay tuned for more pics! My Mom is coming over tomorrow and we'll start the tile in the shower. We might just have a functioning bathroom by the end of the weekend. Here's to hoping...
In other news, my last final is tonight! I am SO excited for 3 whole months of no school. As of this evening I will be a senior in college. After 3 years of hard work, it will feel good to be able to say that. Some days it honestly felt like I'd never get there! Work has really picked up and I've been busy with that, so that will be great to help pay for all this house repair work.
My Grandma had a scare last weekend, she has pneumonia and spend Sunday in the emergency room. After some IV fluids she felt better. She was just really dehydrated and wasn't eating enough either. She is 91, but that was a big scare for me, because I can't imagine my life without her!
Anyways, all else is well. I'll get more house pics up soon!

No comments: