Friday, June 26, 2009

Lame!

So as I said before, Rick's parents are supposed to come pick up the motorhome tomorrow (Saturday). We had the whole motorhome covered in towels to protect everything from the cats claws and general mischievousness. So last night around 10, after moving the cats back inside for good, I was carrying a load of towels into the house. I was wearing flats, not flip flops, but with with the full arms, I must not have been paying attention and instead of stepping square on the step, I stepped on the outside of it and somehow fell off the stairs to my right, twisting my ankle and landing flat on my butt on the concrete. I yelled and Rick came running out and found me with my foot in the air, towels all over me-covered in leaves. I couldn't get up right away because I was in too much pain, so he helped me up and got me inside and we immediately started icing my foot, but a giant lump popped up really quick and it was REALLY painful, with the pain coming in waves, making me cry even, and I have a decent tolerance for pain usually. I pretty much had this same injury to my other (left) foot on St. Patty's day of 2007. That time I went to the doctor, they x-rayed it, said it was a sprain, told me to ice it, wrap it, wear a puffy boot and use crutches. I figure there is no reason to go waste money to have the doctor do/tell me to do the same thing again, when I know it's not broken. So today I couldn't go to work, which really sucks, because we are busy and I am the only one working this week. I can't walk on it at all and it's super swollen and a lovely green/purple color. It's just the worst timing with a wedding tomorrow night (cocktail dress+crutches=not so cute), all the house work and trying to clean the motorhome. Luckily Rick's parents are going to come get the motorhome Wednesday instead of tomorrow which is good. There is no way I could clean it today. So I've been laying on the couch most of the day, crutching around the house, which is still full of house stuff everywhere, so navigating isn't so easy. I went out to take out some mail and in opening the door just a crack, Rocco decided to bolt. I chased after him on the crutches for awhile, but finally realized it was pointless and I couldn't carry him if I tried so again I broke down in tears all upset, and Rick came all the way home to herd him inside, but Rocco decided to come back in about 2 minutes before Rick got home. Such bad luck :( I am ready for things to start looking up and getting to normal around here! Sometimes I feel so plagued! I have felt like this so much ever since Adam died, it is just frustrating! Anyway, I am hoping that I'll be able to put a little pressure on it by Monday so I can work. I haul around tripods with a lot of camera equipment and it is not at all do-able on crutches.
That's about it for now. Obviously no progress with the house while I am completely useless! Hope you all are well!

1 comment:

Shellee said...

Oh Lauren, I saw your posts about this on fb too. I'm so sorry. :-( I hope you do feel better soon! But, don't neglect that little poogie (as Adam likes to call them) of yours, foot injuries can turn bad quick. Just think, in a month or two, it'll be hotter than hell and you'll be wishing all you could do is sit and relax with your feet up. ;-)