Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My Mom's birthday

My Mom turns the big 6-0 next Sunday, the 21st, so we had a party for her at La Carreta this last weekend. We had a nice turnout and it was a fun time! June is too iffy for having a party outside, and La Carreta ended up working out perfectly!

The gang that came-The Mullises, The Stinsons, the Closes, the Langtrys, the Norris', the Layne's and the Enochs'! And a few of my Mom's weaving friends that I don't know...

The table from the other end

The mariachi band singing to her

My Dad and Mom and her AMAZING carrot cake from Helen Bernhard bakery

Me and the husby
My Mom and I spent 3 long days tiling our shower. It was very slow going but it's done now! Here is a pic of it!

And a close up of the little tile and to show the green color I painted it. The cutout is where the medicine cabinet will go.

My Mom and I laid the tile on the bathroom floor last night, so tomorrow night we'll get the shower bull nose tile up and start some grouting. I am keeping my fingers crossed for a functioning bathroom by Monday. We have to be out of the motorhome by next weekend so that doesn't give us a lot of leeway, but I am really hoping it will work out.
I finished the semester with all A's! How about that? It's my first time getting all A's in college so I am very proud of myself. Even though it was an easier semester than most, I was in the middle of all the upheaval with the house so I figure it evens out!
I wish I had some time to relax this summer but with this house I am sure summer will fly by and I won't know where it went.
Pictures of the floor to come!

1 comment:

Jay and Heath said...

It was great seeing you the other night, glad that we can hang out anytime now :) We'll have to come check out your house one of these days and also watch your old videos. Gwen's blessing is this Sunday if you would like to come. Hope to see ya soon. Heath