Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Becky's visit

One of the best things about Christmas is that it brought Becky home for a few days! Most of you know Becky and I have been best friends since we were 8-going on 22 years now! She moved to Boise in October of '08 to go back to school. It is hard having her so far away, but she is doing great there. Becky and I have a truly unique and special friendship, one that I think many people don't get to experience. Having someone who knows you as well as yourself, someone who has seen you grow up and has been with you through thick and thin who you aren't related to is rare! We know how lucky we are to have each other, and her cute Grandma put it best when she said we are soul mates! I love you Besty and I'm so glad we got to spend some QT together while you were here!
Our night out-beginning the evening at Nichole's
Dinner at Casa del Matador, that's our friend Ryan next to Becky. (PS If you've never eaten at Casa del Matador, I hightly recommend it!)
Becky and I are not so good at getting good pictures together, but this one won for the evening
Later that night we met up with more friends-Becky and I with Jen, Faith & Jessica (also in town from school in Indiana!)
Nichole, looking beautiful!
Rick, butting in on our photo op :)
Driving to another location (don't worry we were stopped at a red light!)
Becky, me and Jen-we've all been friends since we were in grade school. Love my old friends!
And that's it for pictures of Becky's visit. Right now we are trying to work out a trip somewhere fun for her 30th birthday in May. I hope it works out!
Oh, and Happy New Year! I can't believe its 2010! A new year and a new decade is always a great time to do some reflection and think where you want the next 10 years to go. It scares the crap out of me to think I turn 40 in this decade. Wow. But for now, plans include working hard on this semester (my 2nd to last!), eating healthy, working out, spending less, trying to get to Utah and New York City in the next couple months, spending more time with the important people in my life and taking more time on myself.
PS My best guy friend Preston is engaged, if you didn't know! I am thrilled for he and his fiance Rochelle. She is a great girl and they are so cute together. I love Preston to death and I'm very excited for their wedding! Love you both!

4 comments:

Shellee said...

That is just adorable, and perfect, what Becky's grandma said! Love it!

What about doing a crazy Alaskan Cruise or something for Becky's 30th? ;-)

Congrats to Preston and his fiance, that's awesome!

Rebecca B said...

Ohhhhh besty! I picked the best time to catch up on your bloggie! I heart you the mostest. We are special and rare :) And g-ma is a genius :)

Lauren said...

Shellee-I don't think either of us are into Alaska for her bday. Not quite what we were thinking. We were thinking more like Scottsdale, Palm Springs or San Diego. Somewhere warm where we can relax and sip nice drinks by the pool :)

Shellee said...

Ha ha! I figured somewhere warm would be on the agenda, but if you went somewhere frigid it would feel really warm when you got back home! ;-) I'm a genius!