Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas!

Well we certainly had a nice and blessed Christmas. We hope you did as well! I am very grateful to Rick who has been working his tail off over the holidays, as he does every year. He is looking forward to getting back to normal hours here after this weekend. He's only really had one day off in the last 2 weeks and that was Christmas day, and with all the family activities etc, it really isn't much of a day off to relax. I am just grateful to have such a hardworking husband to provide for us, I love you Rick!
Anyways, on to our celebrations!
Christmas Eve Rick had to work so in the evening we headed down to Salem to celebrate with his family. Peggy wanted to take a family picture so we took a few. They only turned out okay I think. I think family pictures always look better outside. Not only that, but since we took it in the hallway, we couldn't get get any further back so there isn't a lot of depth. I guess I should stop beating myself up over it. It is what it is!
Another one, this time with Granny
The girls get their pictures taken by the tree every year. They like to get it over with so they can change into comfy clothes :)
Aren't they cute?
Miss Riley by the tree
Sister pics!
Uncle Ricky butting in!
Present time!
I gave Riley one of my older cameras, because I got a new one. She didn't care that it was used, she is thrilled as you can see :)
Rick's cute Grandma, Vesta
Kailey and a new shirt
Dick checking out Riley's present
Riley and her sweet Hannah Montana makeup kit
presents
Rick & I
We had Christmas morning here at our house this year. We usually have Christmas Eve with my family, but since Rick's family does theirs on Christmas Eve, we moved ours to Christmas morning. I don't know if I ever remember a Christmas without my Aunt, but this year she spent her Christmas down in Salem with her boyfriend and his family so she was definitely missed this year. We had a nice brunch with good food and good company, and even though our house is very tiny to have many guests, we crammed a table in the living room and it worked out!
My mom testing my new camera with a pic of Rocco and I
Cookie sneaker!
My Mom and Dad (we had to put our loveseat in the kitchen to make room for our Christmas tree!)
Rick and my Grandma
Our tree
Rick & Rocco
Rick and I have made it a tradition to go to the Blazer game every year on Christmas day. This year was our third in a row. One of Rick's employee's sisters is dating a guy in the NBA, who's brother plays for Denver, so we somehow finangled player's seats. They were awesome seats and it was a action packed, really fun game!
Go Blazers!
And that's it for Christmas!
We are headed up to the mountain this afternoon to spend New Years' in a cabin with some friends. We are both really looking forward to it. We hope you all have a safe and happy New Years' Eve. I can't believe tomorrow is 2010!! A whole new decade to look forward to!

1 comment:

Marsee Family said...

Rick is totally grabbing your butt in the family picture photo's. I love it!!