Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Deck of the Halls


Every year our friends Jen & Dylan Hall have a Christmas party called Deck of the Halls. This was the 5th one so they decided to have everyone dress up for the event. It was last weekend and as usual, it was a lot of fun!
Oh, and Rick and I already got our Christmas presents. Mine is a new digital camera :) Here is the first picture taken with it, our Christmas tree!
Anyway, also new at the Deck of the Halls party was an award show! They handed out trophies for perfect attendance and most inappropriate gift. The giant trophy in the center was for someone who had done something to stand out in a big way over the past year.
Alison, Amber and Misty F. looking pretty in their dresses
Rick and I. He cleans up nicely don't you think?
Jen showing off the new banner
The Hall's Christmas tree and all the white elephant gifts
Emily & Brandon Martine-new this year at the party (Brandon is one of Rick's 2 assistant managers)
Dylan starting the awards portion of the night

So the people up for the giant trophy had done some amazing things this year-such as getting engaged, getting married, getting degrees etc. All really impressive things. Yet, somehow Rick and I won it! We won it for living in a motorhome all those months! Looks like it paid off after all! Now, where are we going to store that ginormous trophy until next year?!
Kaare, Ethan, Brent and Bill ready to start the gift exchange
Jen's gift was 2 pairs of "Mom jeans" that she and Amber got at the beach a few years back. Hilarious that Jen ended up with them!
Rick ended up with a slap chop! Sweet! I can't wait to use it! I HATE chopping onions with all my heart! My gift was lame and inappropriate, so it doesn't get a picture. I didn't even bring it home with me.
our traditional group shot! Love it!
Rick and I all fancied up!
A shot of just the girls. I don't really know the girl on the right, she didn't think she needed to dress up and she sticks out like a sore thumb!
Rick's Christmas present is a new DJ machine. He loves it! He did all the music for the party all night and kept everyone dancing til 2am!
A cute one of Misty, Kerri and Faith
Jen and Dylan put a red carpet outside and we took turns posing on it. Here's one of a few of us girls, but you can't see the darn red carpet! Oh well :)
Jen and I cuddled up :)
Later in the night Amber and I decided it would be hilarious to put on the Mom jeans and show off our dance moves. They were made even better looking by tucking our dresses inside!
We had Jen cracking up pretty good over the pants
Dylan was mad that Rick stole the slapchop from him, and wanted to see how well it worked
Jen and Kaare at the end of the night
It was a really fun party! I can't believe Christmas is only 10 days! I am almost done with shopping, just have 2 very small things to get, and then some stocking stuffers for Rick. I have been loving my time off from school! I went and saw Invictus last weekend and Fantastic Mr. Fox last night. Both movies were great, I recommend them both. Other than that I've been catching up on some TV, and spending lots of couch cuddle time with Penny and Rocco. This week I am tackling cleaning the house. My goal is to deep clean a room a day to make it easier. We are having Christmas morning here with my family so I need to get the cleaning out of the way so I can spend some time baking and cooking! Hope you are enjoying the holidays so far!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are blessed to have so many wonderful friends to celebrate the holidays with, Lauren. A lovely posting.