Monday, December 7, 2009

Las Caletas

We spent one full day on a snorkeling trip to Las Caletas, some islands off the northern coast of Banderas Bay. They're a UNESCO heritage site, and a bird refuge. They were a beautiful place to snorkel, but even more so, the coves and beaches there were like something out of a movie.
In the PV Marina, standing on a giant map of Mexico
A funny tourist pirate ship in the marina
A ginormous iguana
Closer up to Mr. Iguana. he was pretty cool, just hanging out in a tree
coming up on Las Caletas. You can see the cool caves and beaches. We snorkeled in the water right here pretty much.
After snorkeling, they took us around the other side of the islands where we had some beach time. Rick on the beach there.
I loved all the archways and hidden beaches. It was so beautiful there.
Holding up an island

Hermit crab
Sky meets land
We couldn't help but laugh at these Eastern Europeans and their speedos. It reminded me of you, Jay...
A little crab hiding
Swimming in the ocean is my favorite!
On the boat on our way back
It was such a fun trip to Las Caletas. It so makes me wish I was back there now!! Only one more set of pictures of Mexico!
It's finals week so I'm sure i'll get those ones up once finals are over!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Lo, your trip looks amazing! Especially as I look to freezing weather here. I know- I am so bad at blogging! We are going to be in Utah December 17-31. You could always stay with us if you plan on coming. Email me!

Map of mexico said...

Thanks for sharing your amazing experience in Mexico with some cool pictures with good photo quality images.I too love a Mexico and planned to celebrate my holidays in Mexico with my friends.