Tuesday, December 8, 2009

our adventure!

I read that Puerto Vallarta has lots of good ziplining tours, and since one of my most favorite things I did in Costa Rica was ziplines, I wanted to make sure and do that on this Mexico trip. Rick's sister Kim was in PV last year and went on one specific one, and highly recommended it so we went with that one. I'm really glad we did!
It started out with a boat ride across the bay where we saw these insane houses/villas
Must be nice!
This restaurant, Le Kliff is very well known in PV
The boat took us to a town called Boca de Tomatlan, a really cute little place that was full of boats and pelicans!
We then boarded these 4x4 vehicles and drove up into the mountains, up some crazy roads that you could tell would be even more treacherous during the rainy season
We stopped up in the jungle at this tour company's (Vallarta Adventures) private compound where we got all geared up
Don't I look comfy?
Rick ready to go, just missing his helmetWe then got on mules, which took us up into the jungle to the very top
Rick on his mule. I have to say he looked pretty funny since he is a pretty big guy
It was my first time ever riding a donkey :)
I didn't take this picture, and the weather was not even remotely like this the day we were there. The tour company gave us some stock photos, and this is one of them, but it shows the views that we had from the very top. It was beautiful!
So we ditched our donkeys, and this is how we got back down the mountainside:
ziplines!



Then we got to rappel down a 100 ft. waterfall! Neither of us had ever rappelled before either, so that was a new adventure too. I have to say if you're going to do it, doing it in a big waterfall is the way to go! It was beautiful!



You dropped right into this big (freezing) natural pool
another stock photo, but isn't it pretty?
All in all this adventure was awesome! I'd highly recommend it to anyone that goes to PV if you're up for some adventure. I think there were 9 ziplines in total, and 2 rappels. You get to see some great views, and walk back and forth through creeks too. Well worth it!
Well, that's it for our Mexico pictures! Hope you enjoyed them! I can't believe its almost been a month since we left. Time sure is flying! Its finals week and I have 2 of my 3 finals done. Tomorrow is my last one. I'm looking forward to having some down time during the next couple weeks to catch up on stuff around here because everything has just been go go go ever since we got back from Mexico. I have lots of pictures from the last several weeks to get up on here as well. Work is VERY slow this time of year, which is normal, so that gives me even more downtime to stay in my PJ's til Noon (that's what I'm doing today!). We got our christmas tree up and I'm working on decorating everything else so I'll get some of those pictures up too soon.
Hope you are all well!

No comments: