Thursday, December 10, 2009

More birthdays!

Last weekend we celebrated two more birthdays! And oddly enough, both of them are Jennifers.
At Saucebox for Jenn Cloud's birthday
Liz, Jenn and I
And afterward we went and saw one of Rick's favorite DJ's-Matt Darey
Then Saturday we went to Rockaway Beach to spend the rest of the weekend with Jen Hall for her 30th. She and Dylan rented a really cool house right on the beach so a group of us went. It was an amazing location, and the weather was gorgeous, except that it was FREEZING!
Saturday night, serenading Jen
I made Jen 2 apple pies for her birthday. I guess she likes it better than cake!
Blowing out her candles
Hanging out Sunday morning
Jen, Misty F. and David
The view from our deck
Twin Rocks
The cute little house
Cap'n Rick
The girls walking on the beach
Rick and I all bundled up
It was really windy, you can see the blowing sand
Us ladies
Alison, Amber, Misty F., Jen, me and Misty K.
Another one with the rocks
The boys-Rick, Dylan and David-minus Bill who was still sleeping
The birthday girl and Dylan

Thanks again for inviting us Halls, what a great place!
Well, I'm finally all caught up on pictures I think! Hooray! Finals are over with, and I'm thrilled! I now have three and a half weeks to clean my house, catch up on sleep, finish Christmas shopping, watch everything on my DVR, see friends and enjoy the holidays with no stress. I love it!
Its still freezing here. In fact yesterday morning we had no hot water so I had to stick our oil heater outside in our hot water heater closet to melt the pipes. Thank goodness we remedied the issue the right way. I heard that people's pipes were bursting left and right all over town. Sadly, I know three people that had problems. Our friends Kerri and Ethan rent their house and they signed something saying they'd do some certain thing in the cold, and they didn't, so they're responsible for their damage. My friend Stephine came home to her condo last night to find it filled with water and everything ruined. Luckily, she has insurance, but her 7 year old daughter is pretty devastated to lose all her books and toys right before Christmas. So, I am feeling very lucky and grateful that we didn't have more of an issue. That would have really upset me after all the issues we had to go through this last year due to plumbing/mold problems.
Anyway, hope you are all staying warm. Love, Lauren

No comments: