Saturday, July 12, 2008

4th of July

The weather was crummy for the 4th, and Rick had to work in the morning, so we didn't do anything during the day. In the evening we went to my friend Nichole's. She lives in the John Ross on the South waterfront, so we went up to their common area, BBQ'd and watched fireworks from there. The view was perfect from there to see all the downtown fireworks. It was a rather low key 4th, but I was ok with that. I generally have bad 4th of July's for some reason, so I was happy that it was good, even if it was low key!
Here are me, Rick & Becky enjoying the display. As you can see, Rick is having the best time ever!

The day after the 4th we met with our florist and got all our flowers for the wedding squared away. I'm excited about our flowers. I think they're going to be awesome, and we're getting a steal of a deal from Rick's assistant manager's mom. We then went to Rick's parents in Salem for a big family BBQ. He had family in town from Florida, and Klamath Falls-family I hadn't met yet. The weather was perfect for everyone to play games outside and enjoy the food and company. We had a nice time with everyone, and I'm glad I got to meet the rest of the fam that I hadn't met.
Rick's Aunt and Uncle from Florida came downtown Monday to meet us for Happy Hour and it was fun getting to visit with them one on one too. Thanks again for meeting us John & Ginny, we had so much fun with you! Unfortunately I don't have any pictures at all from the family events :(
This week I also had my orientation day at PSU. It lasted from 9:45 until 4. It was a ridiculously long and unnecessary day. I found it quite pointless. But at least I am all registered for fall term and the ball is rolling. It's going to be a difficult term with me being in school Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays this fall til 9:30 pm each day. I am really not looking forward to that, but I don't have an option. Being at the bottom of the PSU barrel means not registering first and missing out on the classes you want. Hopefully next semester will be better, and I am still hoping for graduation in December 09. One can hope!
All else is well-wedding plans are more and more falling into place. I got several errands done this week including getting our marriage license-woo hoo!
I had my first bridal shower last night with old church friends. I'll get those pics up soon. It was sort of sad-of the 18 people I invited, only 7 showed, and one of those was my mom! Oh well, it ended up being my really close friends and we ate and talked and had a really great time. Like I said-pics to come on that.
For now I am on my way out the door for a bachelorette party. My first one ever if you can believe that!
Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

Josh and Leslie said...

Lauren - Josh saw you getting on max the other day as he was getting off! We wondered if you were heading downtown! Sorry we couldn't make it to your shower! My parents left out of town for the weekend and left me home to run the crazy RV shop! Hope you had a great time! I would have loved seeing everyone again...