Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Jenica's wedding & Gabe's birthday

Wowee! It's July 2nd and time is flying! Less than 2 months to go til the wedding! I have been doing wedding stuff almost every single day-getting all those little things done that add up to a lot. I'm feeling pretty good about everything. It's feeling less overwhelming as I check all those things off my list. The bad part about that is every check off the list means money paid out, and less money left in our budget. As it gets closer to the date I think it will feel a little scary seeing how close we come to the budget! I can't believe it's almost the 4th of July already! We don't have any definite plans yet, but may end up going to my friend Nichole's for a BBQ. Rick's family is having a big BBQ Saturday, so we're going down to Salem all day Saturday, and meeting with our florist before hand. More things checked off the list!
So, onto pictures...
Jenica is a friend of mine from high school, and we've stayed good friends after high school, and especially through traveling to Mexico twice together and our 6 week stay in Costa Rica. Put two English speakers together in a solely speaking Spanish family's home and you make instant great friends!
Jen married Bart Bishop-their marriage was at St. Henry's church in Gresham and their reception at Tillstrom Manor in Damascus. For those of you out of state-let me tell you Saturday was a HOT day. It was around 104 when we pulled in the parking lot for the reception-outdoors! There was shade, but in the heat of the day it really didn't matter. I just felt bad for Jen and Bart in their wedding clothes!
Jen and Bart exchanging vows
At the reception-Jen taking a break from pictures in the shade

Jenica and Bart cutting the cake
Feeding each other the cake

Rick & I at the reception

Me & Jen
Monday night was one of our friends/Rick's employee Gabe's 32nd birthday at MoMo's.
His mom brought him a nice cake
The birthday boy-Gabe
I'd like to title this pic "I love frosting"
So much so in fact that he ate his sugar frosting rose with no utensils!
That's it for now! I am off to bed!
Have a safe and happy Independence Day!

No comments: