Thursday, July 24, 2008

My Family Bridal Shower

On Sunday my Mom and Becky threw me a beautiful bridal shower at my Mom's. It was a great mixture of my family, Rick's family, old family friends, and newer friends too.
The "event" sign and Becky's Exterminator (that's what my Mom calls her car)

Delish dessert and the cute towel cake my mom made

My Mom, Grandma and Aunt

My old friend Shellee and I, obviously laughing at something hilarious

My super cute boss, Sue and I

Rick's family table-Grandma Vesta, niece Kailey, Sis Kim, Mom Peggy, me and niece Riley (all making their first appearance on my blog!)

My neighbors growing up-Deana & Carrie Butler-and Carrie is the wonderful person who is making our wedding cake!

Cute Amy and Becky

Kim, and Riley showing her winnings from a game
Amy and Shellee voting for "Love Bingo"
I vote for Rick of course
The Love Bingo cards
Me and all my nice gifts
Rick's entrance, when everyone applauded :)
Showing off gifts (thanks Peggy!)

Showing Rick his favorite gift-Hotel Collection towels!
Cute sign from Jenica explaining how she and I are going to live happily ever after
My funny bouquet that Jenica put together, complete with wooden spoon in center (which I
think looks like a corndog
The new bride and I
The end of the afternoon with Becky and Amy

Thank you again to all that helped, all that came and thank you so much for your thoughtful gifts. We appreciate each and all of you and love you all more than you know!
Well yesterday marked the one month until our wedding. Can you believe it? Less than a month to go? I feel like there is a lot to do, but there isn't. Everyone keeps asking if they can help! Thanks all, I wish I could think of something for you to do :( I'm sure as things get closer and I start panicking that I'll think of things for you to do. Sometimes I get a little OCD when it comes to details and wanting to do everything myself. I wonder where I get that from (ahem, MOM!)?
We are off to one last wedding this weekend (before ours anyway), down outside of Medford and we are planning on making a day trip to Crater Lake as well. I've never been there before, or at least since I can remember, so I'm looking forward to all of it.
I've been talking to my out of town friends about their travel plans and when they all get into town and that is making me even more excited about our wedding. I can't wait to see all you out of towners :)
Anyhoo, I think that's about all I have going on. I have a marriage license in hand, as of yesterday so we are ready to go! Wahoo!


1 comment:

Erin said...

Yeah Lauren! I wish I could have been there... you look fabulous by the way!!