Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Fun in Southern Oregon

Rick's friend from college, Aaron (aka 2A) Breswick got married in Shady Cove, OR this weekend so Rick and I made the journey down. We loved Shady Cove, a little rafting town on the Rogue River with beautiful scenery and lots of charm. The place that Aaron and Danae were married was right next to our hotel and was so cute! The whole experience was a great one, and I'm so glad we went. We were also able to do some sight-seeing on our way home, which was fun too!
On to pictures!
Rick & I waiting for the wedding to start

Danae & Aaron during the ceremony

The wedding party-I loved the orange dresses!

I also loved this cake, even though some little one stuck their finger in it!

Tate (Aaron's brother), Aaron (the groom) and Rick

Cutting the cake

Rick & I

Scotty's dog Vincent, maybe the ugliest dog I've seen in person.

Later in the evening we had fun dancing to a live band

Rick, doing the robot :)

A happy woodland creature watching the events

The next day we drove north and stopped for awhile at the Rogue River Gorge, where we spotted this guy. If you look close enough you can see his tongue out licking the metal.

Rogue River

Down river

Rick and I at the top of the gorge

up river again

I realized I've never put a pic of Rick's new Scion up! We call it the Toaster. It racked up a lot of mileage during this trip!

Next, we stopped at Crater Lake, because I've never been! I'm glad we did. It was worth the extra driving (that Rick did) to finally see it! It was a bit hazy from forest fires, but the water was the most unbelievable shade of blue I've ever seen!
Crater Lake and Wizard Island (and a smidge of snow left)

Rick and I-such the tourists!

A picture of the shoreline gives you an idea of the true color of the lake, and the clarity of the water!

One little tiny puffy cloud

Another one of us

A cool old tree!

That's it for pictures! After Crater Lake, we drove up through Bend, and had dinner with Rick's friends Corey and Addie that live in Bend. It was a LONG day of driving, but it was a lot of fun and a good little weekend vacation for us!
Time is flying by! I have my bachelorette party this Saturday and am trying to iron out more last minute details! Only 3 1/2 weeks left people! Crazy!
Oh this last week I got my Associates Degree in the mail. I am official! It feels good! Thank goodness I have 2 full months of summer left though before school starts! I'm not looking forward to it quite yet!
That's all for now everyone!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Wow- Crater Lake looks awesome!! I totally want to go next time we are in Oregon. Good luck with the next three weeks! Dave is excited to see you (and I am jealous that he is seeing you)...

Shellee said...

The pictures of Crater Lake are beautiful! Cute ones of you and Rick too. Did you know there's a 'Little Crater Lake' on Mt. Hood? It's pretty awesome too. You can see all the way to the bottom, and even on a 90 degree day it's freeeezing cold! Congrats on getting your associates degree, that's awesome! You're one step closer! ;-D

Lauren said...

I do know about Little Crater Lake. I've been there a few times over the years! It's a cool little spot ;)

Amy Kae said...

WHAT? you're the one person I know who has traveled more than anyone I know and you have never been to Crater Lake? holy wow. Amazing pictures...I literally jumped back in my chair when I saw that ugly dog...... YIKES!