Wednesday, September 10, 2008

First Dance, Cake & Toasts

Like I said, these pictures are going to have to come in shifts because there's so many. As I said before, we had a small wedding and invited about 100 more people to come to our reception. Rick and I made a fashionably late entrance, we wanted to make sure people had time to get food and drinks.
Here we are, being announced!

Another of us, walking in

We went straight into our first dance, "Stolen" by Dashboard Confessional, one of my favorite songs.
A cheesy close up one of us

Our first dance

Carrie Butler, my neighbor growing up, is an amazing cake maker and she was gracious enough to make us our cake. It turned out absolutely perfect and I had a lot of people say it was the best wedding cake they'd ever tasted!
The cake table

Another close up of the cake

Cutting the cake

A close up of our cake topper, I loved it :)

about to take a bite

Yum! Thanks for not smashing it in my face, baby!

I like this one, the cake topper and shot glasses from Jaime.

Jeff and Becky gave amazing toasts, I'd be lying if I said I didn't tear up over Becky's speech. She can turn me into quite the blubbering idiot!
Jeff's toast

And Becky's toast

Ok, that's that. Next will be, big suprise, MORE reception pictures!
PS Is this weather divine, or what? I am in love with this September!

1 comment:

McKay Wadley said...

Congrats to both you and Rick!! I can't wait to see our posts from the honeymoon, knowing you there are some great pics of Hawaii!! I still need to get there some day. That was suppose to be the trip we were taking this year but we couldn't do it since we surprisingly ended up prego. Oh well, it is more than a fair trade! Hawaii will always be there and some day we'll make the trip. I wouldn't trade my little boy for anything!!! Love you!!