Thursday, September 25, 2008

High School days

As I mentioned before my 10 year high school reunion is tomorrow night. I am so excited about it. There were days that I hated high school with all my heart, but all in all, when I look back on it, it was a great experience. I met so many great people, many of which I am still friends with today, and can't imagine my life without them. All those people leave an imprint on your life, and when you are forced to spend 5 days a week with the same people for 4 years you really get to know people and learn about them and about yourself.
I am really looking forward to seeing the people that I haven't seen in a long time tomorrow. My little middle school in Damascus only had about 80 kids in my class, so we were really tight knit and there are probably more than 10 kids from my class that I have known since kindergarten or 1st grade that I am still good friends with. I know a lot of people can't say that. What I am excited about is that a lot of the people attending the reunion are those Damascus people who I have pretty much never known life without.
So here is an ode to my high school days-1994-1998. Hope you enjoy!
Snowball Soph. year, which my boyfriend of 5 years, Josh Ricker
I still can't believe i was ever this tiny!

Junior year at Jenica's house before a school dance (this is about the fanciest I ever dressed)

Soph. year in Biology with Anne and Jasmine

Last week of school Soph. year in the courtyard. I am wearing a basketball shirt that I had from 6th grade. Wow.
At a basketball game, must be junior year
Working took up the majority of my time in high school. I worked at the Dairy Queen in Damascus with some of my very best friends. We had the BEST job. I still say today it was my favorite job.
Becky and I goofing off at work
Becky and I with our other long time friend, April Dillon after graduation
Becky, Timi and I at graduation

This picture cracks me up! It's Chad Woolner and I at a church Halloween party
My favorite DQ co-workers, at Senior banquet (don't mind my scrapbooking cut edges)
A bunch of good lookin' gals before senior banquet. I'm not really sure why Erin is sitting, but it looks like she's in a wheel chair!
This is Snowball Senior year. I love that I was so tiny, yet I was covering my tummy cause I thought I looked fat. So stupid.
Jen, Keri and I in Becky's backseat for her 18th birthday

Jenica and I in Mexico Junior year. I totally look like a boy!
Last week of school freshman year! This is the time of my life when I wore my Dad's clothes to school every day. Including this shirt.
Shannon and I are so tiny here! I think we had these shirts for twin day. They were credit card shirts and said Life is a Journey, Are you Packed?
Senior year I was in LINK crew, which was basically helping freshman get used to high school. We had a freshman dance with just the freshman and us LINK crew seniors, and that's what this is all about.
Another one of Jenica and I in Mexico Jr. year

Becky and I on our way to work
Matching shoes at Graduation
Last day of Senior year with Jenica and Jeff Gibbs. I took on the crazy project of making these shirts for every senior girl that wanted them. It was an insane project.
Josh and I at a church Halloween party as hunters! So funny!
I was in choir all 4 years of high school, which I loved. We got to go to Disneyland and Canada which were both great memories for me.
Kirsten and I in choir in our robes

Last day of Soph. year-me, Laura and Anne in front of the mustard lockers
Summer after Freshman year Merrilee and I went to Utah for a week long church program for teenagers called EFY (especially for youth). We got to stay in the dorms at BYU and we thought we were SO grown up.
I just love our outfits!
This one is even older. Merrilee and I at Girls' camp the summer before freshman year!
Some of my best girl friends and I all had Mondays off the entire summer before Senior year and we did something fun every single Monday all summer. We called ourselves the Monday girls and made tons of great memories.
All dressed up to go to dinner in front of my parents house
My 16th birthday at the beach with Becky, Shannon and Jenica

Last day of Freshman year with Rachelle and Shakaya
Senior year homecoming week was all about the Wizard of Oz. Here we are on Ruby Slipper day. I bought these red faux alligator Doc Martens with my very first paycheck. They were my prized possession for a long time :)
Last day of senior year

Timi and I in the halls senior year

THE END
Thanks Faith for doing this to inspire me to do it too. I can't wait to see all you class of 98-ers tomorrow! Thanks for making my high school experience a great one!




10 comments:

Heidi said...

Thank you so much for my senior t-shirt!!! I loved it and still have it in my hope chest. It is a goodie that you can't get rid of! Faith and I were just talking about how huge our clothes where back then! What were we thinking?!?

Krista Griffiths said...

OK love this post!! Seriously cracking me up!!! Love it, love it, love it!! Have fun at your reunion!! You honeymoon looked like a blast! Glad you are doing well.

Mrs. Seal said...

This are hysterical! Seeing all of your photo's makes me a little sad I am not going to the reunion! Thank you for the senior t-shirts! They were awesome! High school was fun. Have a good time at Edgefield.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. You know how to make a girl laugh.. thats too funny. Love it! Cant wait to see you tomorrow night! Woohoo!

Jenica

Anonymous said...

Hey i still have that tshirt ! Why aren't we wearing them tomorrow night? hee hee
Jenica

Rebecca B said...

Oh these were the days!! What I would give to be tiny and worryless again :)

Jay and Heath said...

Wow! I love these pictures... funny! Everybody looks so tiny, I can't believe it. Have so much fun tonight, take lots of pictures for us to view :) Love ya chica!
P.S. Your honeymoon looked AWESOME! So jealous... glad you had a fabulous time :)

Megan said...

These pictures are so great! We went to school with so many great people! See you tonight, I think the reunion is going to be so fun!

(and how about some pics from grade school!?!)

The Carey's said...

Too funny! I can't believe that's hpw we really dressed. I totally remember you making all those t-shirts, and I even remember you and Josh dressing as hunters at Halloween. Loved ALL the pics and it was great to see some old faces.

Mrs. Seal said...

Mel and I had such a great time! I am really glad I decided to go. You look great and so happy! Rick seems like a really nice guy. It was so good to see you!